Nose Surgery Toronto
When you think about your nose, is it too large, too small, too flat, or too pointed?
If you consider these things, then you are in good company. Many people consider nose surgery, also called rhinoplasty, to correct aspects of their nose, as they feel it takes away from the natural beauty of their facial features, detracting from their overall look.
Nose That Fits Harmoniously
Nose surgery can change just a small portion of the nose or the entire shape, depending on the needs. The final result should be a nose that fits more harmoniously with the whole face. Breathing issues can also be addressed, if need be, so that breathing is comfortable and airflow through the nose is unrestricted. Dr. Torgerson, one of the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, is an expert in making these changes.
Prior to nose surgery, extensive and careful pre-operative discussions, planning, and consent signings will need to take place. Dr. Torgerson will consider the dimensions of your nose as compared to the structure of your face, the quality of your skin (thick or thin), and the prominence of your cheeks and jawline. A nose that looks great on one person, such as a celebrity, may not look great on you, even if the nose shape was copied perfectly. This is simply because the facial features around the nose and the thickness of the skin can all contribute to how well the final rhinoplasty result harmonizes with your overall facial aesthetics.
Some of the most common changes that patients request for nose surgery include refining or narrowing the tip, adjusting the tip projection, removing a bump or hump on the bridge, reducing the width and size of the nostrils, straightening a crooked nose appearance, or improving asymmetry.
Do You Need Nose Surgery in Toronto?
Nose surgery usually takes up to 2½ hours and is completed in Dr. Torgerson’s approved, private surgery centre in downtown Toronto. Dr. Torgerson prefers to operate on patients under general anesthesia because it is safer in terms of control of the airway throughout the surgery. Most of the incisions are created inside the nose, so this type of nose surgery is called a closed rhinoplasty. Dr. Torgerson prefers closed rhinoplasty so that there are no visible skin incisions, and it’s easier for the facial plastic surgeon to predict the outcome. Once the small incisions are made, the nose skin can be lifted and the underlying bone and cartilage reconstructed and re-contoured according to the surgical plan. Dr. Torgerson is able to achieve excellent results using this approach to nose reshaping.
Following the nose surgery, a cast will be placed on the nose to protect it for the first week as everything begins to set and heal. This cast is usually removed 1 week following surgery. Pain will be managed through the use of prescribed pain medication, so most people find they have no issues with that. Most commonly, patients will say that the most uncomfortable part of the nose job process is the inability to breathe through the nose for several days due to the swelling and bloody crusts that form within the nose. This will improve as soon as the cast is removed and the nose cleaned out. Full recovery from rhinoplasty can take much longer, as residual swelling can last for several weeks and months, but improvements will continue to be seen over time, and the end result should be one that gives you an improved outward facial aesthetic.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.