Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
Have you been thinking of undergoing rhinoplasty in Toronto to enhance your features? Nasal surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures worldwide because it can truly transform a person’s face and skyrocket their confidence. Maybe you’re someone who always wondered how a nose job would improve your appearance, and you’re ready to start the process. If you’re planning a rhinoplasty, then you need to check out these 3 must-know factors that affect results below.
Although you should be feeling excited to begin this journey, you may have plenty of questions and concerns as well. “Nerves” are normal and expected with any cosmetic procedure. A quick search online could drum up anecdotal tales of what can go wrong, but we encourage you to share your questions and get factual, expert answers directly from your facial cosmetic surgeon.
To help you prepare, we’re highlighting 3 of the key elements of an optimal rhinoplasty.
Quick facts about the procedure:
- Rhinoplasty definition:
A facial cosmetic surgery performed by making modifications to nasal cartilage, bones, or tissue to improve the appearance of the nose
- Other reasons for nasal surgery:
Rhinoplasty isn’t always requested for cosmetic reasons. For example, it can be used to help fix structural problems like fractures or a deviated septum (septoplasty).
- How much does nose enhancement cost?
The average cost for rhinoplasty depends on the technique performed, but is usually between $6,000 and $13,000. Note that prices are subject to change.
- Is a nose job painful?
The procedure is not known to be especially painful, but you should expect to be a little inconvenienced and take time off.
What factors can affect rhinoplasty results?
We want you to enjoy a more functional nose along with beautifully balanced facial features. There are plenty of personalized details to discuss with your surgeon, but these 3 things are critical:
1. Choose an expert rhinoplasty surgeon
Dr. Cory Torgerson is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and possesses advanced training as an otolaryngologist and facial plastic surgeon. His entire practice is devoted to procedures for the head and neck. Adept in both surgical and non-surgical techniques, his innovations and leading-edge surgical skills make him highly sought after by patients and colleagues across the nation.
Dr. Torgerson is particularly well known for his individualized attention to detail and patient concerns. His aim is never just to change a physical feature, but to partner with the client in revealing a naturally harmonious aesthetic result that increases confidence and leads to long-term satisfaction.
2. Your initial consultation is just as meaningful as the surgeon you choose
At your consultation, you’ll meet one-on-one with your surgeon, who will fully examine your nose. Then they’ll recommend a plan specifically tailored to your needs. You can request to see before and after images of previous patients. Sometimes people decline to share their photos online for privacy reasons, but your surgeon can share before and after examples in the office.
When you meet with Dr. Torgerson, you’ll experience Vectra 3D imaging technology, which simulates potential outcomes and helps him design the best approach for each patient. Dr. Torgerson strives to make clients feel heard and values the opportunity to share the detailed information that a person needs to make an informed decision.
Don’t be afraid to write down questions ahead of time. It’s easy to forget things in the moment. Our consultations are without obligation to book a procedure, and you can always follow up for further clarification if you need to.
3. Give yourself plenty of time to recover
You’ll need to take at least one week off of work or school. Your gym routine or travel plans will have to wait as you give temporary swelling and bruising time to resolve. During that first week, your nose will be protected with a splint. You may experience normal effects like stuffiness, swelling, bruising, and possibly minor bleeding. Facial pressure can be frustrating, but with adequate pain management, most patients find the recovery process to be smooth.
Try to be patient with your body’s rate of healing. It will take 10 to 14 days for swelling and bruising to improve enough that you feel like your regular self. Your nose will continue to take shape over the first couple of months.
The time involved is one more great reason to choose a surgeon who you’re very comfortable with. Dr. Torgerson is committed to each patient’s recovery. Our clients have ongoing assessments included with their procedure, beginning with 24/7 access to expert support after surgery to continuous check-ups on the progress and ending with the celebration of the final outcome.
For a stress-free experience, we suggest that you focus on these three crucial aspects of nose job planning and recovery. If you’re considering rhinoplasty, Dr. Torgerson will be pleased to speak with you. We enjoy empowering people like you to make the changes they’ve always desired and feel fabulous about how they look. Contact Dr. Torgerson today, and let’s get started.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.