Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
The decision to undergo a rhinoplasty can be both exciting and daunting
Alterations to the nose can make a profound effect on a person’s appearance and can lead to more self-confidence and self-worth. This is the exciting part. Understanding what to expect with your surgery and every aspect of the healing process will alleviate any pre-operation anxiety. There are some definite do’s and don’ts associated with every facial cosmetic surgery. Patients benefit from following these guidelines so that they are not only delighted with their new look, but also with their experience.
Choose the right surgeon! Make sure that they are both certified and experienced
Choose the right surgeon! Make sure that they are both certified and experienced. It is also beneficial if they operate from their own private surgery centre like the one Dr. Torgerson and his experienced staff operate in Yorkville. This provides you with more individual care, and the surgery is scheduled around your timetable rather than trying to fit into a hospital’s schedule.
Although the surgeon you choose may be qualified, it is very important that you feel comfortable with them after your consultations and have established a rapport. A relationship of mutual respect prior to moving forward with surgery is invaluable.
Ensure that you are mentally prepared for the alteration of your nose. Remember that Dr. Cory Torgerson is a rhinoplasty expert. His goal is to have your new nose harmonize so beautifully with other facial features that the result is both natural and balanced.
Make the most of your consultation time. Don’t be afraid to ask questions so that you understand every aspect of the rhinoplasty. Take advantage of Dr. Torgerson’s 3D Vectra Imaging System so that you will be able to collaborate with him to customize your future nose.
Arrange for a ride home on surgery day and take at least one week off of work while the cast is on.
Sleep in an upright position with your head higher than your heart. This minimizes edema (swelling) significantly.
Take the prescribed pain medication so that your experience is tolerable. Also, taking the antibiotics prescribed will reduce the risk of infection.
Couple things you shouldn’t do Before Rhinoplasty
Don’t panic when the cast comes off, because your nose will still be swollen. There will be a dramatic change, even after the second week, as the nose heals and settles.
Avoid medication that thins the blood, as this could cause excess bleeding. Do not resume the use of these meds until you consult Dr. Torgerson.
Avoid the sun several weeks post-op, as your skin will be sensitive and therefore burn more easily.
Don’t book your
rhinoplasty a couple of weeks before a big event like a wedding or a gala function. Although you should be comfortable to attend social gatherings after two weeks, swelling around the nose continues to reduce for three to four months. Your nose may look larger in photographs than in person.
This list of do’s and don’ts is not unreasonable and can be followed easily with some preparation and forethought. Booking a consultation at our convenient downtown Toronto location will start your exciting journey, which we are confident will end with you having the new look you’ve always dreamed of!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.