Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
If you have been considering a rhinoplasty procedure, also known as nose surgery or a nose job, your choice of plastic surgeon will greatly impact the results.
Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is very important for initial consultations so you and the surgeon are clear about the goals you are looking to achieve. Rhinoplasty is a complex procedure that requires meticulous attention to detail, the safety of patients before and after surgery, and in some cases, the ability to solve problems.
Specialization in cosmetic plastic surgery is of high importance when it comes to your decision for a rhinoplasty surgery
Cosmetic plastic surgery is the enhancement of the appearance with a focus towards principles and techniques that have been developed in the study of facial cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgeons versus plastic surgeons consider more attributes in patients when they are developing surgical plans for their patients with a focus towards balanced proportions, symmetry, and overall harmony in the face and nose. Specialization in cosmetic plastic surgery is of high importance when it comes to your decision for a rhinoplasty surgery.
The face is the most visible part of the body, so the appearance of the nose is something we all have to see and live with the rest of our lives. The nose is in the center of the face, so perfection in the precision of the alterations during surgery is profoundly difficult. To better understand what happens during a rhinoplasty procedure, it’s best to break it down into 3 portions.
A dorsal hump or bump on the bridge of the nose is what most people want reduced. In fact, most rhinoplasty procedures involve a reduction in the nasal structures. The bridge of the nose is the slope and angle that we see from a side profile view of the nose. People who are unhappy with the size, height, or angle of the bridge of the nose can address this issue with rhinoplasty surgery. During the procedure, the performing plastic surgeon has to remove bone and cartilage to remove any bumps and create a narrow bridge by reshaping the top base of the nose.
The ability to reshape and adjust the nose in a closed rhinoplasty procedure is an outstanding challenge that only the most experienced and qualified cosmetic plastic surgeons
Length And Width
Facial plastic surgeons can reshape and change the structure of the nose by adjusting the length and width of the nose and nostrils. The reduction of nostrils is called alar reduction or alar base reduction. Small millimeters of tissue are removed on each side of the nostrils to create smaller, slimmer nostrils. The septum is reshaped to create a more balanced and harmonious nasal tip in harmony to the shape of the nose.
If you feel like you are not happy with the current shape or size of your nose, booking a consultation with Dr. Torgerson is your first step in finding out how you may look after a rhinoplasty procedure with the use of Dr. Torgerson’s innovative 3D Vectra imaging system. This high-tech imaging system allows you to see and design your future nasal features during your initial consultations. It is important to choose a rhinoplasty expert to perform the operation. Dr. Torgerson is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in facial cosmetic surgery. He is also a certified otolaryngologist (ENT). His experience in cosmetic facial plastic surgery along with his attentive creative eye make him your best choice for rhinoplasty surgery.
The cartilage within the tip of the nose is removed during rhinoplasty surgery to create a smaller, more defined tip in the nose. This procedure is performed with a closed or open rhinoplasty procedure. The open method involves a small cut between the nostrils to access the nasal structures during the operation, while a closed rhinoplasty procedure results in a concealed scar inside the nose. The ability to reshape and adjust the nose in a closed rhinoplasty procedure is an outstanding challenge that only the most experienced and qualified cosmetic plastic surgeons like Dr. Torgerson have the expertise to correct and beautify the nose.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.