Rhinoplasty: Natural-Looking Revision Is Possible
Rhinoplasty surgery, more commonly referred to as a”‘nose job”, is becoming increasingly popular among a wide selection of the population
Men and women of all ages are undergoing rhinoplasty to achieve a more attractive, proportional nose that enhances the overall appearance of the face.
Advances in surgical techniques and the consideration of aesthetics have made rhinoplasty much more predictable than ever before. Highly qualified rhinoplasty surgeons certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada use 3D imaging and augmentation techniques that lead to natural-looking results where the new shape, size, and contour of the nose fit harmoniously with the overall shape of the face.
What to consider for natural-looking results
Minor changes can make a big difference
Most candidates for rhinoplasty are actually not far off from their “ideal” nose. Closed surgery addresses minor concerns from within the nose itself, resulting in fewer possible complications and a shorter recovery time.
Ethnic rhinoplasty is not cookie-cutter surgery
Many people believe that their nose looks too “ethnic”, but it is important to keep in mind that the nose needs to match the overall structure and features of the entire face. Addressing the precise feature that seems too exaggerated such as an obvious hump, hook, or overly large nostrils should be specific to the individual and not based on a model of some imagined ideal.
Working with what is there
Along with having realistic expectations, it is important to consult with a surgeon who is not interested in creating something new. Instead of grafting and making significant changes, it is best to work with the existing structure of the face and nose to achieve natural-looking results. Trying to change too much can result in damaging the underlying structures of the nose, which may lead to a sagging bridge or collapsed tip.
You can achieve a more pleasing appearance and enjoy peace of mind
Remember, the nose is for breathing
Simply put, your nose is not an accessory that can be changed to fit a particular style. The purpose and function of the nose is for breathing, and that can be impaired if rhinoplasty surgery is too aggressive.
Rhinoplasty is a long lasting decision
Unlike most other elective cosmetic procedures, the results of rhinoplasty are considered to be rather long-lasting. Age, weight gain and other factors may change over time, so working with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is important. A truthful surgeon with a background in aesthetics will be able to perform changes that will continue to match your facial structure over time.
Non-surgical options may be all you need for the most natural appearance
Dermal fillers are now used frequently for minor corrections that can improve slight imperfections in the appearance of a nose without the need for surgery. It is possible to build up the bridge, correct unevenness or concavities, add dimension, improve the shape of the tip, and even smooth out or straighten a nasal hump using fillers.
Consult Dr. Cory Torgerson, one of the leading rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, to learn more about the options available for rhinoplasty surgery.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.