Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
You may have questions concerning rhinoplasty, either for yourself or for someone you love who is contemplating having a rhinoplasty.
Here are some of the top questions asked about rhinoplasty – and their answers.
First, check with your regular doctor for a referral, check with the medical board, and then schedule a consultation with the surgeon of your choice. In addition to finding an experienced facial plastic surgeon, you want to make sure that you choose a doctor who is well experienced in performing rhinoplasties. You’ll also want to be sure to choose an individual who you feel comfortable with and who can share your vision for your desired results.
Generally speaking, rhinoplasty is fairly safe
What are the risks of rhinoplasty?
However, as with any surgery, there are some risks, which include infection, bleeding, and scarring. There is also a risk that you won’t achieve the aesthetics you desire, especially if you are working with a less qualified surgeon.
How old do you have to be to get a rhinoplasty?
Normally, unless there is a medical reason, most rhinoplasty surgeons will not perform surgery on anyone under 16 because the nose does not stop growing until then. There is no upper age limit for when the surgery can be performed.
Are stitches used in rhinoplasty?
There will be small stitches (sutures) inside the nose. There may also be sutures on the outside if there were any incisions made on the outside of the nose. These will be self-dissolving stitches, and 99% of the time they will not need to be removed. They dissolve on their own within a few weeks.
What type of anesthesia is used?
Your surgeon will either use a general or a local anaesthesia, along with a sedative.
During and After Rhinoplasty
When can I return to school, work, and normal activities?
Generally, you can return to work or school and resume light activities after 1 week. More strenuous activities can usually be resumed after 3 to 6 weeks. As recovery time varies from patient to patient, always follow the recommendations of your surgeon on this.
Where can I learn more about rhinoplasty?
You can contact any of the rhinoplasty clinics in or around Toronto to find out more about the procedure, pricing, and surgeons.
Will my insurance cover rhinoplasty?
Possibly. If the procedure is being done for a medical reason such as a deviated septum or if it is being done to repair damage from an accident or illness, it may be covered by insurance. Check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify for coverage.
What if the results are not what I wanted?
The results of a rhinoplasty can take several months to a year to be fully visible as the nose settles. For this reason, you should wait at least one full year to see the results. If after that time you are not satisfied, you can seek an adjustment surgery.
If you have more questions about rhinoplasty, we invite you to contact the office of Dr. Cory Torgerson. Our medical team will be pleased to help!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.