Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
You may have questions concerning rhinoplasty, either for yourself or for someone you love who is contemplating having a rhinoplasty.
Here are some of the top questions asked about rhinoplasty – and their answers.
First, check with your regular doctor for a referral, check with the medical board, and then schedule a consultation with the surgeon of your choice. In addition to finding an experienced facial plastic surgeon, you want to make sure that you choose a doctor who is well experienced in performing rhinoplasties. You’ll also want to be sure to choose an individual who you feel comfortable with and who can share your vision for your desired results.
Generally speaking, rhinoplasty is fairly safe
What are the risks of rhinoplasty?
However, as with any surgery, there are some risks, which include infection, bleeding, and scarring. There is also a risk that you won’t achieve the aesthetics you desire, especially if you are working with a less qualified surgeon.
How old do you have to be to get a rhinoplasty?
Normally, unless there is a medical reason, most rhinoplasty surgeons will not perform surgery on anyone under 16 because the nose does not stop growing until then. There is no upper age limit for when the surgery can be performed.
Are stitches used in rhinoplasty?
There will be small stitches (sutures) inside the nose. There may also be sutures on the outside if there were any incisions made on the outside of the nose. These will be self-dissolving stitches, and 99% of the time they will not need to be removed. They dissolve on their own within a few weeks.
What type of anesthesia is used?
Your surgeon will either use a general or a local anaesthesia, along with a sedative.
During and After Rhinoplasty
When can I return to school, work, and normal activities?
Generally, you can return to work or school and resume light activities after 1 week. More strenuous activities can usually be resumed after 3 to 6 weeks. As recovery time varies from patient to patient, always follow the recommendations of your surgeon on this.
Where can I learn more about rhinoplasty?
You can contact any of the rhinoplasty clinics in or around Toronto to find out more about the procedure, pricing, and surgeons.
Will my insurance cover rhinoplasty?
Possibly. If the procedure is being done for a medical reason such as a deviated septum or if it is being done to repair damage from an accident or illness, it may be covered by insurance. Check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify for coverage.
What if the results are not what I wanted?
The results of a rhinoplasty can take several months to a year to be fully visible as the nose settles. For this reason, you should wait at least one full year to see the results. If after that time you are not satisfied, you can seek an adjustment surgery.
If you have more questions about rhinoplasty, we invite you to contact the office of Dr. Cory Torgerson. Our medical team will be pleased to help!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.