Rhinoplasty: Reconstructive Nose Surgery
When most people think of rhinoplasty also known as nose surgery, they picture a cosmetic “nose job”
Although this does account for nearly half of all nose surgery, the rest takes place due to medical concerns, some of which are extremely serious.
Rhinoplasty recovery can take place in a fairly short period of time
Rhinoplasty Medical Concerns
#1: A common reason for needing rhinoplasty is the repair of a broken nose. This can be fairly simple or, if severe, involve reconstruction of the underlying bone and cartilage. Depending on the extent of the damage, recovery can take place in a fairly short period of time or may involve significant bruising and swelling that resolves more slowly in a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks. #2: Another reason to seek help from a rhinoplasty surgeon is for blockages, polyps, or a deviated septum, which is the cartilage that separates the two nostrils. Since these conditions are treated primarily through the nostrils, recovery is relatively quick with limited bruising, swelling, or pain. #3: The most significant reconstructive nose surgery is performed as a result of cancer treatment. In this situation, extensive work may need to be done to remove the cancer and then return the nose to as normal a condition as possible. This is achieved through grafts of bone or cartilage and other implants and fillers as well as skin.
Keys to successful reconstructive rhinoplasty
As with any medical procedure, it is important to find a rhinoplasty clinic or surgeon whom you can relate to and trust. Facial reconstructive surgery can be performed by a range of doctors, but for the best results, turn to a specially trained professional who is certified and highly experienced, specifically with rhinoplasty. It is in your best interests to follow all of the doctor’s instructions for pre-surgical preparation so that the surgery will have the greatest chances for success. Things like ensuring a healthy diet, getting plenty of rest, quitting smoking (if you are a smoker), and stopping certain medications and over-the-counter supplements can have a profound effect on your ability to recover quickly and with fewer complications. Post-surgical compliance is also crucial for achieving the greatest satisfaction after rhinoplasty surgery. It is a good idea to have ice packs and any prescribed pain medication on hand. On the day of surgery, you will need someone to drive you home and look after you while the effects of anesthesia wear off. You may have to take some time off from work, restrict your activity, sleep with your head elevated and your face protected, and put off exercise for a while. Make sure you keep every follow-up appointment with your doctor and continue with your treatment plan as prescribed. Don’t be too quick to look in the mirror, because your results will be distorted by swelling and bruising for at least a little while after your procedure. There are a number of rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, but an expert like Dr. Cory Torgerson offers the best care in comfortable surroundings. Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Toronto facial plastic surgery centre to learn more about reconstructive rhinoplasty surgery today.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.