Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
Does reading Toronto rhinoplasty reviews tell you everything you need to know? Whenever you’re considering trying something for the first time, whether it’s a new coffee shop, restaurant, or doctor’s office, the first thing you’ll likely check is the customer reviews. The same goes for choosing a facial surgeon to perform your nose job.
Nasal surgery is a challenging procedure that can transform your look for the better when it’s done well. You’ll want a surgeon who has years of experience successfully performing rhinoplasties. You might begin your search by reading rhinoplasty Toronto reviews to see if there is a particular surgeon who stands out.
Rhinoplasty Toronto Reviews
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Reviews of Toronto rhinoplasties can give you vital information like the demeanour of a surgeon or how satisfied their patients were with results. However, there are a few essential things that you won’t learn about the procedure just by reading rhinoplasty reviews online. And some of them might even mislead you.
7 essential things to know when reading feedback from other patients
Toronto Rhinoplasty Reviews
1. The goal of rhinoplasty isn’t to give you a “perfect” nose
Perfect noses don’t exist. The completely symmetrical noses you’ve seen in magazines are often airbrushed to look that way. What rhinoplasty reviews won’t tell you is that the point of a nose job in Toronto is not to seek perfection, but to improve the overall appearance of your nose. For example, a nose job can correct an overly large bump in your bridge or change the shape to make it narrower.
Before undergoing a rhinoplasty, manage your expectations so you won’t be unnecessarily disappointed. Just because you bring in a photo of the nose you’re hoping for, that doesn’t mean your surgeon can give you that exact nose. The way your final results look depends on factors like your cartilage, the thickness of your skin, and the nasal structures you have. An expert facial surgeon will also ensure that your improvements suit your face for a harmonious outcome.
If you want to imagine your results, you can ask to see before and after photos of patients who have similar issues and physical features. Some physicians can even show you a projected outcome using 3D digital imaging.
2. You might be initially disappointed when your new nose is revealed
Toronto rhinoplasty reviews sometimes state that a patient was horrified by how their nose looked the day after surgery. Sometimes people write about their “outcome” long before they’ve had a chance to see it. It can take weeks to months before the swelling goes down to reveal your beautiful results. Inflammation just after surgery can be significant, and as your nose job recovery progresses, changes will settle and refine where they should.
Right after surgery, the first thing you will probably notice is a change in profile, especially if you’ve had your nose bridge reduced. But other improvements won’t be fully appreciated. Don’t be discouraged! Take care of yourself, wait it out, and hold off on judging until your surgeon tells you that swelling has resolved. Most patients are delighted with the enhancements they see after their nose heals.
3. You’ll need to wear a visible bandage or cast after surgery
Rhinoplasty reviews generally talk about overall patient satisfaction, not the nitty gritty details of rhinoplasty recovery. One thing to note is that you’ll be bandaged and temporarily bruised after surgery. Bandaging is typically required to stop your bones from shifting and manage the swelling. You might need a splint to keep things in place and protect your nose for at least a week. Then a light bandage could be worn for a few more days.
4. If you wear eyeglasses, you’ll need to avoid them for a month after your operation
The bridge of the nose takes time to heal, and glasses and sunglasses can put pressure on the bridge, causing indentations. Some doctors recommend staying away from eyewear for up to 6 weeks post-op. If you absolutely need to wear glasses during that time, you might be able to use a nasal splint to avoid affecting the contours of your nose.
5. You might experience alterations to your voice or your breathing
There are various types of nose surgery, and rhinoplasty isn’t always strictly cosmetic. Nose surgery can also target nasal airway function. Some patients undergo a septoplasty, which aims to correct breathing issues caused by a deviated septum. In rare cases, the nasal airways can be negatively affected during the procedure, which might leave you feeling more congested than usual. To correct the problem, surgeons can perform a rhinoplasty revision to restore nasal support.
Another rare possibility that can occur after the surgery is a subtle difference in your voice. If you had a nasal-sounding voice before surgery due to breathing issues, a rhinoplasty could modify that nasal quality.
6. It’s possible to have an almost painless rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty reviews will sometimes mention how uncomfortable patients found their recovery to be. Be sure to compare general responses rather than focusing on individual anecdotes. Every person’s expectations, procedure, and recovery experience will be different. While some people feel sensitivity and discomfort after surgery, many experience little to no pain at all. Swelling and pressure in the face can feel annoying. Most describe this as a temporary inconvenience and not fun, but not overly painful either. An expert rhinoplasty surgeon will ensure that any inflammation is well managed and that you know exactly what to expect so that you don’t feel unnecessarily anxious.
7. Non-surgical rhinoplasty is available
If you wish to make only subtle changes to your nose, your surgeon may be able to help you find a non-surgical solution to your problem. Dermal fillers can improve the profile of your nose by addressing small bumps and slight asymmetry. The only difficulty is that fillers reabsorb over time, so don’t expect lifelong results. The best way to improve your nose in the long term is through rhinoplasty surgery.
The bottom line is that while rhinoplasty reviews of Toronto surgeons are generally helpful, they shouldn’t be your only source of information. Be sure to address any concerns you have throughout the process so that there will be no surprises. We suggest that you arrive at your first consultation prepared with a list of questions and that you learn as much as you can before surgery.
Contact Dr. Cory Torgerson
If you’ve been reading rhinoplasty surgeon reviews and you’re thinking of undergoing enhancement or nose revision surgery, we invite you to contact Dr. Cory Torgerson.
Rhinoplasty is one of his specialties, and he devotes his entire practice to procedures of the head and neck. He considers every unique factor, including your face shape, ethnicity, skin thickness, age, and gender, to determine the best nasal refinement for you. Dr. Torgerson believes in customizing his approach to the individual and creating natural and balanced improvements that his patients love.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.