Rhinoplasty: What to Know Before Getting a Nose Job
As growing numbers of men and women are choosing elective rhinoplasty – a cosmetic ‘nose job’ – and many of these patients are younger and younger, it is important to know exactly what to expect
No matter the reason, any time you have surgery and are put under general anesthesia, there are serious risks and possible negative consequences. For that reason, it is important to work with a caring, concerned rhinoplasty surgeon who has your best interests at heart.
you should be sure the doctor you work with is highly experienced with rhinoplasty
Any Surgery is A Major Concern
A responsible doctor will want to make sure you are having this surgery for the right reasons and not just because it is a fad. Your expectations need to be realistic and your goals based on what will be appropriate for your face – not based on a picture from a magazine or a copy of someone else.
Finding The Right Doctor
It is important to check your rhinoplasty surgeon’s qualifications. Many good doctors are able to perform rhinoplasty procedures under the overall umbrella of their training and licensing but for the best results, you should be sure the doctor you work with is highly experienced with rhinoplasty. This should be someone with board certification, special training, and an eye for aesthetics. You should feel a connection with this person – that he or she understands your needs and goals.
Look At Pictures
Pictures are a good way to show the doctor what results you hope to achieve from surgery. By also looking at the doctor’s rhinoplasty before and after photos, you will be able to see how effective this surgeon is at effectively changing the look of his patients. You need to assess if all the noses look the same or if they are natural looking, fitting in harmony with the overall look of the face.
Follow all of your doctor’s post-surgical advice for the best results
Make a Plan Together
Know what you want before you consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon but be willing to listen to his or her advice. Identify the characteristics that trouble you about your appearance such as a pronounced hump or hook, wide or flat- looking nose, large nostrils, or down-turned tip. Realize that in many cases, less is more, so minimal work may achieve your desired results.
A good doctor will help you understand the limitations of surgery based on your particular nasal skeleton and other underlying structures. The expectation of too much change can lead to poor results that look fake and can actually cause damage to your nose.
Don’t Rush to Conclusions After Rhinoplasty Surgery
Although many rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto are able to perform great work with minimal disruption to the basic structure of the nose, healing takes time. Don’t look at the mirror a day after surgery and expect to have to live with what you see. Bruising and swelling can last for several weeks and affect not only the nose but the eyes and upper cheek area. Be sure to follow all of your doctor’s pre- and post-surgical advice for the best results and proper healing.
For one of the top rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto, contact Dr. Cory Torgerson today to find out more about achieving the appearance you want with rhinoplasty.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.