Saddle Nose Deformity
A Saddle Nose Deformity is a type of nasal deformity that received its name because the person’s nasal profile is concave, similar to a saddle.
The bridge of the nose has collapsed, causing it to be flat in appearance. Medically, this is known as a depressed nasal dorsum. The most common cause of saddle nose is due to an impact, but it can also be caused from cocaine abuse and other medical conditions such as congenital syphilis and polychondritis (a nasal cartilage condition).
Resore breathing and make your nasal airways function normally again
Boxer or Pug Nose
Whether it is due to trauma or another condition, the result is a loss of nasal height, because the bone and cartilage have been affected. This compromises nasal support, can cause airway obstruction, and lastly, alters a person’s appearance. Saddle nose deformity causes the top half of the nose to look flat but creates a bulbous tip and a recessed upper lip. This is why it is also known as a boxer nose or pug nose.
No matter what the cause of saddle nose, there is no need for the candidate to despair – there are possibilities available if you are a suitable candidate. Great advances in facial plastic surgery have been made in the last 50 years, and by choosing a rhinoplasty expert such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, your nose can be reshaped and restored. Not only would correction be important for you aesthetically, but it would also help your breathing, and your nasal airways could function normally again.
The flattened nose is caused by a fractured or worn septum. This is the wall separating the two sides of the nose, which consists of fragile cartilage, bone, and soft tissues. To repair the nose, this septum must be reconstructed surgically. If there is too much damage to the septum and not enough material for the surgeon to work with, it may be necessary to use an implant. A surgical implant adds height to the bridge, reducing the flattened look, and opens up the airway.
Dr. Torgerson may have to do an endoscopic nasal examination to correctly assess the needs of the candidate
Saddle nose deformity requires the skilled Surgeon
It is necessary to book a consultation with a specialist so that the extent of the damage can be assessed and it can be determined whether the septum can be repaired or whether an implant is needed.
An implant is made of biomedical material, which interacts with living cells. Dr. Torgerson prefers to use 3D Gore-Tex implants because they incorporate well into existing tissue, which reduces the risk of shifting. He is able to customize each implant to the exact size and shape necessary to accomplish the desired result.
Saddle nose deformity requires the skill of an otolaryngologist (an ear, nose, and throat specialist) to correct breathing difficulties, as well as the talent of an experienced facial plastic surgeon to restore the nose aesthetically. Finding a surgeon with both of these qualifications in Canada is rare, but Dr. Torgerson has not only attained both certifications, he has also gained notoriety in each genre.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.