Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
The goal of facial masculinization surgery is to alter the feminine features of the face into an idealistic masculine appearance
Facial masculinization procedures can be carried out in conjunction with other procedures or as a stand-alone procedure by a qualified, experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. The type of procedure and the changes in the bone and tissue are specific to each individual case.
Nose Harmony With Facial Features
What is Facial Masculinization Surgery?
Masculinization surgery has many considerations that must be assessed by your plastic surgeon to ensure that harmony and balance are achieved optimally without counteracting the goal of increasing masculinity. Common facial masculinization procedures include:
A rhinoplasty can make the biggest impact on the appearance of the face, as it is positioned right in the center and is often the focal point of the face. Genetics are sometimes favourable in people with a well-proportioned nose shape and size matching the rest of their face. However, not everyone is fortunate to have a well-balanced nose. Men with abnormalities or irregularities on their nose have the option of a rhinoplasty to help masculinize the appearance of their nose. Rhinoplasty is often the first choice for people who want to make changes to the appearance of their face. A rhinoplasty can make several enhancing modifications to the nose such as a better projection, improved side profile, balanced nostrils, a reduced bulbous tip, and the removal of any bumps or humps on the nose. Moreover, a rhinoplasty procedure can improve breathing functionality when a septoplasty is incorporated into the procedure.
Facial Balance & Masculinization Surgery
A chin implant is an ideal procedure that can dramatically masculinize the lower face. Men who are slightly overweight with an underdeveloped chin may begin to see the signs of laxity in their lower face, known as the “turkey neck”, as they age. A chin implant is customized to the shape and size of the face to create a balanced, harmonious lower face that is suited to the proportions of the rest of the face. It is common to get a chin implant procedure as well as neck and jaw liposuction to optimally enhance and masculinize the lower face.
Otoplasty can considerably improve self-esteem in men because of the high visibility of the ears in male hairstyles. Men with short hair can get an otoplasty or “ear-pinning” procedure that decreases the projection of the ears by removing excess tissue and cartilage from the back of the ears for an improved, well-balanced appearance. Otoplasty procedures are primarily cosmetic. However, they can significantly contribute to the overall masculinization of the head.
Facial Hair Transplant
Facial hair transplant procedures such as eyebrow, moustache, and beard hair transplant procedures can be performed with the follicular unit extraction (FUE) method. The FUE method involves harvesting individual follicles from a donor site, usually in the back of the head, where the healthiest hairs are located. The extracted hair follicles are then counted for accuracy and prepared for transplantation. Each individual hair follicle is strategically transplanted according to the design agreed upon with the surgeon. FUE hair transplant procedure results are truly permanent and yield highly satisfactory feedback from patients. The scars are minimally invasive, and the patient’s own hair is used during the procedure, which increases efficacy in the results with lower occurrence of failed transplanted hair sites.
If you are interested in surgical facial masculinization procedures, contact our clinic to determine the procedures that are the most suited to the enhancements you want.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.