The Difference Between A Male and Female Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty, or plastic surgery of the nose, can be done for medical reasons, cosmetic reasons, or a combination of the two
With the exception of severe sinus issues or congenital deformities, most women have cosmetic nose jobs, whereas men undergo the procedure more frequently for a dual purpose – repairing damage due to sports or fight injuries and the corresponding cosmetic enhancement.
More and more men are turning to rhinoplasty surgery though to remove tell-tale ethnic indicators such as pronounced humps, drooping tips, wide noses, and large nostrils. While the ideals of women’s beauty change from time to time, what is considered to be the standard of beauty for male noses has remained the same since the days of the Renaissance and Leonardo da Vinci’s formulas for the perfect proportions for the human body.
What Are Men Trying to Achieve With Rhinoplasty Surgery?
The main reason more men are turning to rhinoplasty is to simply look good and feel better. Because of their tendency to be more physical and have injuries to the nose, many men are interested in being able to breathe more effectively. While doing so, it is an easy step to add some cosmetic adjustments to ensure a strong profile and straight nose.
Body image is just as important to men’s self-esteem as it is to women’s, so many younger men, some even in their late teens, are turning to rhinoplasty for purely cosmetic reasons. In such cases, an ethical rhinoplasty surgeon will want to ensure that the patient is not only medically fit for such a procedure, but that he is also psychologically prepared.
With the many advances that have occurred in plastic surgery in recent years, it is possible to achieve tremendous results with less invasive procedures. This is important for older men who have a well-imprinted body image where significant changes could be disturbing as well as younger patients who still need to “grow into” their features. Minor surgery and even non-surgical treatments can often result in significant improvement.
The Physical Differences Between Men’s and Women’s Rhinoplasty
Overall Appearance of the Face
Another consideration for both men and women is how thenose job fits harmoniously with the overall appearance of the face. Eyebrow lifts, chin implants, and other facial surgery procedures may be incorporated to ensure an effective and appealing end result.
Many surgeons have the technical skill and experience to perform rhinoplasty, but for the best and most aesthetically pleasing results, you should consult a rhinoplasty surgeon who is board certified and highly experienced in these procedures for men.
Men need to find a surgeon who has specific training because of their physical differences. In general, men have thicker skin and stronger cartilage and bone structures, which require more work to change. The good news is that more and more rhinoplasty surgeons are being trained in ethnic rhinoplasty that addresses the specific concerns of a wide spectrum of people with distinct concerns about the shape of their nose.
To improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence, turn to Dr. Cory Torgerson, one of the leading rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.