Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
Before undergoing any facial cosmetic surgery, there are several important things that must be considered
A rhinoplasty is a life-changing and exciting option for anyone who has been dissatisfied with their nose, but careful deliberation prior to the operation is necessary.
The first question that you need to ask yourself is “Why do I want this facial plastic surgery?”
Feel Better About Yourself
Many people have agonized over the shape or size of their nose whenever they’ve looked in the mirror. Perhaps they were the brunt of cruel jokes growing up, and this has resulted in low self-esteem. Wanting to subtly change your nose so that it blends and harmonizes with your other facial features is a perfectly good reason to consider a rhinoplasty.
Because you want to have the same nose as someone else you admire or because your friend had a rhinoplasty are not valid reasons to undergo an operation. You should be seeking facial cosmetic surgery because you want to feel better about yourself, not because your partner or someone else is pressuring you to make a change in your appearance.
Rhinoplasty is a long-lasting change
3D Vectra Imaging System
It is not something that can be reversed easily. Just as some people’s noses have caused them anxiety before undergoing a nose job, other people have experienced anxiety after surgery. Somehow they feel that because their appearance has been altered, their personality and identity has changed as well. Being mentally healthy and prepared for surgery and the changes it will accomplish is essential. Dr. Cory Torgerson’s private surgery centre in Yorkville, Toronto, was the first clinic in Canada to begin using the 3D Vectra imaging system. This state-of-the-art technology enables you to view what your new nose will look like after the surgery has been completed. Dr. Torgerson is considered one of Canada’s top rhinoplasty experts. He combines his extensive experience with his creative knowledge of beauty to craft a nose that you will be delighted with. Visualizing yourself with the nose you’ve always wanted will prepare you for the changes.
A rhinoplasty is a delicate operation because your nose consists of a slender cartilage bone and soft tissue. It requires more time to heal than any other facial cosmetic surgery. Anyone considering this surgery should understand that the results they desire will not be achieved overnight. They must be prepared for the healing process to take place. Most of the changes will take place in the first two weeks post-op, but the nose can take up to a year to heal. Taking enough time off work to undergo a rhinoplasty is an important consideration.
Finally, choosing an experienced, qualified surgeon that you feel comfortable with is essential. Dr. Cory Torgerson has his certification as a facial plastic surgeon as well as an ear, nose, and throat specialist. These combined endorsements enable him to carefully assess each person’s individual needs and create a nose that harmonizes with other facial features. By choosing him as your surgeon, you will be able to move forward in renewed self-confidence, assured that your persona remains the same.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- History of Rhinoplasty
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.