Toronto Rhinoplasty – Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
When preparing for the best rhinoplasty in Toronto, surgeon selection is your first step to ensuring fantastic results.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is well known as a rhinoplasty expert. Here are some of Dr. Torgerson’s tips for getting the best results from your surgery. In preparation for your rhinoplasty, it’s best to get an early start so that you can avoid last-minute stress. Around 2 weeks before your procedure is scheduled, we recommend you have a friend or family member lined up to drive you home from the clinic after your procedure, since you will be unable to drive. It’s also recommended that you arrange for someone to stay with you for at least the first 24 hours after the surgery. When Dr. Torgerson’s rhinoplasty patients have someone to help out with day-to-day responsibilities such as groceries, childcare, and pet care, they report easier and stress-free recovery. Stocking up on prepared meals ahead of time can also help you stay relaxed during your recovery.
Nose Harmony with Facial Features
2 Weeks Before Surgery
Around 2 weeks before surgery, it’s very important that you stop drinking alcohol and smoking. Alcohol can have a thinning effect on the blood, which increases bruising, and chemicals in cigarettes decrease blood flow, which may impair healing.
Another important tip to remember before your procedure is to avoid taking aspirin or ibuprofen. Because many medications interfere with the blood’s ability to clot, they are risky to take before or immediately after a surgery. If you need pain medication in the 2 weeks before your procedure, it is advisable to take acetaminophen instead.
Many people use herbal supplements as part of their daily routine. However, the best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto will want to know what their patients have taken and advise them to stop most supplements because they can have negative consequences. Discuss medications and supplements with your rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. The best prevention is preparation.
Recovery Period as Smooth as Possible
A week before surgery, it’s a good idea to go shopping and ensure you have a few key items on hand. Laxatives or stool softeners are useful for some people because decreased activity, food intake, and medications can lead to constipation. Comfortable clothes, especially those that button or zip in front rather than go over the head, can help you avoid unnecessary discomfort and keep your new nose safe.
Since you will have to breathe through your mouth for the first few days, stocking up on lozenges, lip balm, and beverages is a good idea, as the mouth can become temporarily dry.
Dr. Torgerson prides himself on his meticulous and patient-centered approach to cosmetic surgery. Prior to any procedure, our clinic will provide an extensive list of instructions designed to make the recovery period as smooth as possible and ensure optimal results.
To get started, we welcome you to contact our clinic for a complimentary consultation today.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.