Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
The best rhinoplasty surgeons in Toronto have had years of experience treating patients from diverse backgrounds for a variety of cosmetic concerns.
From his wealth of experience, one of the best pieces of advice that Dr. Torgerson has to offer prospective rhinoplasty patients is to not only physically, but also mentally prepare themselves for this physical transformation to get the best results. Undergoing a rhinoplasty is a major decision that is often the culmination of months or years of research and planning. While making arrangements and planning for the procedure, many patients don’t realize how important mental preparation is as well.
How to Achieve the Most Favourable Results?
Since a nose job is a life-changing surgery, it’s completely natural to feel a little anxious prior to the procedure. Stress and fear may even lead to people to have sleepless nights leading up to their surgery. For your mental and physical health, it is very important to find a way to remain calm in the days and weeks leading up to your procedure. Many patients find activities such as praying greatly help them relax when expecting a big change. Massages, visualization techniques, and humour are also effective ways to lower stress and calm the nerves.
By remaining calm and maintaining a positive attitude, you’re giving yourself the best shot at a quick recovery with the most favourable results. Having a support system in place to help you in the days after your procedure can also help minimize anxiety. Dr. Torgerson is a well-known rhinoplasty surgeon in Toronto. Peace of mind in his practice is a result of clear communication and visualization of facial changes.
How to Feel Less Stress?
Improving Your Appearance
Dr. Torgerson’s 3D Vectra imaging technology helps patients envisage the end result they can expect to see. This helps them feel less stress and more positive leading up to the procedure. Another great way to mentally prepare is to go into the surgery with realistic expectations. This means not only educating yourself about the process, but also understanding what cosmetic surgery can and can’t do. One of the most common characteristics of unsatisfied patients is that they held unrealistic expectations regarding the outcome. The key to avoiding disappointment is to understand that while a rhinoplasty can help improve your appearance, there are limitations to how your nose can be changed.
Lastly, understanding the time required for recovery is another important way to prepare for the best results. The key things to remember are that every patient heals uniquely and you must be patient. While the majority of healing and changes are seen in the initial weeks and months, in some cases it may take up to 2 years for the nose to settle into its final form.
If you think you need help to mentally prepare, the best Toronto rhinoplasty surgeon for you is one who will communicate openly, give you realistic expectations, and help you prepare for all of the changes you’re about to see.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Cost Of Rhinoplasty In Toronto
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.