What is a Rhinoplasty?
When they hear the word rhinoplasty, many people will associated it to a nose job
This is because “rhino” actually means nose or nasal and is derived from the Greek work rhin. A rhinoplasty is simply plastic surgery performed on the nose. There are usually two reasons this type of facial plastic surgery is performed. The first is to correct breathing difficulties or damaged airways, and the second reason is for aesthetic purposes. Our private surgery centre in the heart of Toronto conducts both types of rhinoplasty operations.
Rhinoplasty can restore facial balance and place the nose in better proportion to other facial features
Make a Natural Look
Impaired breathing is usually due to a deviated septum, the membrane that divides the nose into two sides. Blockages in airflow cause a lack of oxygen to the blood stream as well as snoring and low self-esteem. A deviated septum results in a crooked nose, rather than a straight one. A rhinoplasty helps straighten the septum, restoring normal air flow.
In this modern era of facial cosmetic surgery, most people investigating a rhinoplasty are dissatisfied with the appearance of their nose. They may feel self-conscious because of its size or shape. Surgery can restore facial balance and place the nose in better proportion to other facial features. It is important for any potential rhinoplasty clients to understand that very few people have perfectly symmetrical faces. The goal is to have the results of surgery look natural, not to completely change the appearance.
A “nose job” is able to:
- change the size of the nose to make it larger with the use of implants or to make it smaller
- change the profile of the nose by removing humps or building up depressions on the bridge
- change the nasal tip that may be hooked, turned up, or bulbous
- change the position or size of nostrils
- change the width of the nose
- cause the nose to be proportional to other features
A rhinoplasty is the most difficult facial cosmetic surgery performed, because the operation is conducted on only a small area of the face and nasal membranes are very fragile and can be damaged easily
Why Choose Dr. Torgerson?
This is why choosing an experienced facial plastic surgeon is of the utmost importance. A nose job requires much training and experience for the surgeon to master the procedure and artistry.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is your best choice for rhinoplasty surgery. He is not only a head and neck surgeon, but is also certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in facial plastic surgery. His years as an ear, nose, and throat surgeon enable him to understand every aspect of nasal procedures. Although rhinoplasty facial surgery is complicated, you can have complete confidence in Dr. Torgerson’s ability, because he specializes only in Facial Plastic Surgery, devoting his whole practice to this field. By booking a consultation at our state-of-the-art surgical facility in Toronto, your concerns will be discussed discreetly and in complete confidence. Your questions will be answered, and you will be able to visualize the changes you want to achieve with the 3D Vectra imaging system. Dr. Torgerson and his accomplished staff are the right choice for rhinoplasty, committed to restoring your breathing difficulties as well as your self-esteem!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.