What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
Once a person has made the decision to undergo a rhinoplasty, it is normal for them to feel excitement about the upcoming transformation in their appearance.
An understanding of the healing process that will take place after surgery is necessary, and a good plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Cory Torgerson, will want to ensure that their patients are prepared. It is important for clients to know that nose surgery is one of the facial cosmetic procedures that takes the longest time to heal.
Dr. Torgerson will make sure that your healing process is as comfortable as possible
An understanding of the healing process
Immediately following surgery, packing will be inserted inside the nose, and a splint or cast will be placed around it to maintain its new shape and protect the nose from being accidentally bumped. Dr. Torgerson will prescribe pain medication to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible, as well as antibiotics to guard against infection. The framework of a nose is made up of tiny bones, cartilage, and membranes. They are so delicate that the manipulation and alteration of surgery will cause swelling. Rhinoplasty patients can also expect to have bruising around the eyes, cheeks, and nose. The most swelling will occur during the first 3 to 4 days, but Dr. Torgerson will leave the splint on for 1 week. Cool compresses applied gently during this period may help to reduce swelling. Swelling and bruising will continue to dissipate over the coming days.
If you are concerned that some of the symptoms you are experiencing are abnormal, the doctor gives all patients his personal cell phone number. He wants to alleviate their fears and ensure that their post-op recovery is a positive experience.
Receive the nose you’ve always dreamed of
The healing process is aided when patients keep their heads as still as possible and minimize movement. Physical activities such as sports and working out at the gym are not advised for several weeks up to a least 1 month post-op. Elevating your head while sleeping is necessary for at least 1 week, but preferably several weeks, as this will reduce blood flow to the head and the risk of excess bleeding. Depending on the type of nose surgery, eyeglasses may not be worn for several weeks.
Although Dr. Torgerson advises that his patients take 1 week from their schedules to heal, he prefers that they take 2 weeks. It is important to guard the nose against any accidental bumps; therefore, minimal contact with other people may be necessary. Even after returning to their normal routine, people who have had a nose job should stay out of the sun and use hats or sunscreen to protect themselves.
The tip of the nose is the portion that takes the longest to heal with defining subtleties and may require a full year before the final outcome. This should not discourage rhinoplasty patients, as it is usually only themselves and Dr. Torgerson who would notice this. Also, there are many variables involved in the rate that individuals heal. One person may heal much faster than another.
To ensure you receive the nose you’ve always dreamed of, it makes sense to choose not only a certified facial cosmetic surgeon, but an internationally acclaimed rhinoplasty expert like Dr. Cory Torgerson.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- History of Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.