What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
Now that you have made the decision to have nose surgery, consulted with a rhinoplasty surgeon, and have the date and time set up, you may still be anxious and not entirely sure what to expect.
On the day of surgery, you will go to the clinic or hospital where you are having the procedure done. There you will be checked in, which consists of you filling out several forms asking for an emergency contact number, current information, and any new pertinent medical information.
A member of the medical team will want to ensure that you have a driver with you and may request your driver’s cell phone number if that person wishes to leave and come back when you are ready to be picked up. You will also have to sign a form to indicate that you understand and accept the risks of the procedure if you have not already done so prior to the surgery day.
Most rhinoplasty procedures can be done on an outpatient basis. Depending on the clinic, you may be given a hospital gown to change into. At some point, a medical staff person will go over the procedure with you again and explain the anaesthesia that will be used.
Finally, your anaesthesiologist will administer your anaesthesia. You will then either drift off to dreamland or at the very least go into an extremely relaxed state, which will allow you to remain comfortable while the surgeon performs the rhinoplasty.
While you are undergoing the procedure, the medical team will closely monitor your vital signs to ensure your safety.
Before you know it, you will find yourself waking up or coming around in a recovery room or patient comfort area.You may feel a bit woozy from the effects of the anesthetic – similar to the feeling of having too much alcohol to drink – but not to worry, these effects won’t last long.
You will likely have bandages over your nose, and you may feel some pain, discomfort, or swelling around the area that was operated on.
Once you are fully alert, the surgeon will come in to speak to you about the results of your surgery. He will remind you of the aftercare procedures that you should follow in the coming days and weeks while your nose is healing. This will have also been given to you in printed form prior to your surgery day.
Before you leave the clinic, you will be scheduled for a follow-up appointment with your surgeon.
As mentioned earlier, it will be necessary to have someone available who can drive you home. While many people feel fine by the time they are allowed to go home, it is important to remember that you are still legally impaired, and it is recommended that you do not drive at all for at least 24 hours.
Once you are home, you should get plenty of rest and not engage in any strenuous activity. Try to sleep sitting up in a recliner, as this will help to reduce the amount of swelling. Make sure you have water nearby because you will be breathing through your mouth, and your throat can become dry and irritated.
While some discomfort is to be expected during the recovery process, be aware of any symptoms that seem abnormal or extreme. Contact your surgeon immediately if you have any issues or concerns.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- What Will Your Rhinoplasty Cost Be? It Depends on These 3 Things
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons - Toronto’s Best Facial Cosmetic Investment
- Planning a Rhinoplasty? 3 Must-Know Factors That Affect Results
- History of Rhinoplasty
- Asian Rhinoplasty
- Nose-Reshaping Surgery in Toronto: Why Is It Still in Demand (and What Alternative is Catching Up?)
- What is the Cost of a Rhinoplasty?
- 10 Questions to Ask Before a Rhinoplasty
- Nose Reshaping Before & After Photos on Smartphones: Can You Trust?
- Dr. Torgerson’s Rhinoplasty and Injectable Nose Job: A Side-by-Side Comparison
- Toronto’s Nose-Reshaping Secrets: Why It’s Getting Harder to Tell Who’s Had Nose Jobs
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - Surgeon’s Tips for Best Results
- Nose Reshaping Toronto: The Cosmetic Surgery That Fits Everyone
- Before a Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery Consultation, Read This (and Save Time)
- What is a Rhinoplasty?
- Toronto Nose-Reshaping Surgery: What Can It Do for You?
- Toronto Nose Reshaping Success: How to Overcome 5 Obstacles
- The Top Toronto Rhinoplasty Surgeon Guide for 2020
- Rhinoplasty, Social Media, and DIY — Where Are We Headed?
- Rhinoplasty Surgeons in Toronto Share the Best Tips to Get You Ready for a Nose Job
- Are You Curious About Rhinoplasty Recovery? These Tips Can Help It Go Smoothly
- 4 Steps You Can Take to Enhance Your Nose (3 Are Non-Surgical)
- Alar Base Reduction Rhinoplasty
- African-American Rhinoplasty
- Rhinoplasty Cost In Toronto
- Do I Need A Rhinoplasty Or Non-Surgical Nose Job?
- How Old Do You Have To Be To Get A Nose Job?
- Why Is Rhinoplasty One Of The Hardest Procedures?
- What You Should Know About Revision Rhinoplasty
- What To Expect On The Day of Rhinoplasty Surgery
- When to Consider Nose Surgery: Pros & Cons
- What is Involved in Rhinoplasty Surgery?
- What Is The Healing Process After Nose Surgery?
- Using Implants in Rhinoplasty
- Toronto Surgeons Recommend Mentally Preparing for Best Rhinoplasty Results
- Toronto Rhinoplasty - What’s The Best Time To Meet With a Surgeon?
- Things to Consider Before a Rhinoplasty
- Surgical Facial Masculinization Procedures For Men
- Septoplasty Functional Rhinoplasty : Toronto
- Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty: What Is The Difference?
- Saddle Nose Deformity
- Rhinoplasty Do’s and Don’ts
- Rhinoplasty Toronto – Reviews Might Not Tell You These 7 Essential Things
- Rhinoplasty Before and After
- Rhinoplasty Questions and Answers
- Recovery from Rhinoplasty – Day 1 to One Year
- Potential Side effects of Rhinoplasty
- Post-Rhinoplasty Healing Timeline
- Nose Surgery Overview
- Nose (Rhinoplasty) Surgery
- Nose Surgery Toronto
- Nose Surgery Cost
- Nose Surgery Before and After
- Nasal Implant FAQ
- Myths About Rhinoplasty
- Learn Why Nose Reshaping Without Surgery in Toronto Is So Tempting
- How to Choose a Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- How Often Can You Get Plastic Surgery?
- How Long Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Take?
- How Do I Prepare for a Nose Surgery Procedure?
- Five Interesting Facts About Rhinoplasty
- Finesse Rhinoplasty
- For Toronto Rhinoplasty Results You Love, It’s Best to Have Realistic Expectations for Your Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery and the Broken Nose
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty
- 3 Tips for Selecting the Best Rhinoplasty Approach with Your Toronto Surgeon
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.