What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
If you are thinking about undergoing any facial cosmetic surgery, it is necessary for you to book an appointment with a professional plastic surgeon prior to embarking on the journey.
There are some things that definitely should occur during your initial visit, and you should be prepared for them.
First and foremost, you should be able to articulate to a facial cosmetic surgeon what you dislike about your face or a particular feature that you would like changed and contoured. Remember, you look at your face in the mirror every day, but it is the doctor’s first time meeting you. A good doctor will take the time to listen to your concerns before giving his or her opinion. Secondly, make sure you know what your goal is. What do you want to achieve with the surgery? It isn’t enough that you dislike an aspect of your appearance. Make sure you’re able to reiterate how you would like to look once the surgery has been completed.
Dr. Torgerson Will Assess Your Face, Skin Type, And Facial Features
Choosing The Best Surgery Option
After this initial conversation, a facial plastic surgeon, such as Dr. Torgerson, will assess your face, skin type, and facial features. Many things are taken into consideration and observed, such as your age, the shape of your face, the size of your features, the thickness of your skin and its elasticity, and your ethnic background.
At this point, the doctor will either agree with you that the surgery you suspect you need is the right choice for you or suggest another option. Perhaps he will propose a non-surgical procedure that would better meet your needs and attain the goal you desire.
Dr. Torgerson’s private surgery centre in downtown Toronto was the first clinic in Canada to introduce the 3D Vectra imaging system. This amazing camera allows a client’s photo to be taken and manipulated so that they can see the results available to them post-op. After several photos have been taken, you and the surgeon can collaborate and agree on the results you desire to achieve.
Be Honest When Filling Out The Medical Questionnaire
Discussing The Risks
Although it’s exciting to see what can be accomplished with cosmetic surgery, a good plastic surgeon will discuss the risks involved. Great advancements have been made in facial cosmetic surgery, and complications are minimal if you choose a reputable clinic and an experienced, certified professional.
It is absolutely essential for anyone considering facial reconstructive surgery to be honest when filling out the medical questionnaire, once surgery has been determined as the best option. There is no advantage in hiding any pertinent information. Dr. Torgerson and his team of professionals desire the best and safest possible outcome for you, so make sure you disclose everything. You will be asked to list the current medications that you are taking, including vitamins; your current medical conditions; what allergies you have; how much alcohol or tobacco you use; what previous surgeries you have had and whether you incurred complications; and what other cosmetic treatments or surgeries you have had in the past.
By the time your consultation has ended, you should feel comfortable with Dr. Torgerson and have a sense of confidence in his expertise. It is important that you feel you have established a relationship with him and feel relaxed in taking the next steps in your transformation’s journey.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.