Facelift Before and After Results: What Does Your Age Have to Do With It?
Toronto’s top facelift surgeon results are subtle and impressive. They’re often so natural-looking, it’s not instantly apparent that plastic surgery has taken place. That’s the goal for the best facial plastic surgeons. Toronto facelift clients, male and female, come to Dr. Cory Torgerson for personalized, custom facial rejuvenation without telltale signs of cosmetic surgery. How can you ensure that your facelift before and after photos look like those you’ve seen online, in celebrity magazines and social media pages? Facelifts aren’t one-size-fits-all, nor are they dependent on a specific age.
Some people are shocked to learn that people in their 30s are having facelifts now, and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Because facelifts are more nuanced and personalized than people think, intervention at a younger age can prevent the signs of ageing to come. In fact, acting earlier might help you age as gracefully as possible. We’ll explain why age matters to the top facelift surgeons in Toronto.
Facelift Surgeons in Toronto
Top Reasons to Get One in Your 40s
Early intervention with non-surgical facelift methods like fillers can help restore volume and softness in your 30s and 40s. For years, these minimally invasive techniques were the mainstay treatment for middle-aged people. Botox is a fan favourite for this demographic around the globe and will likely remain that way, yet there’s an influx in surgical procedures too. The best facelift surgeons no longer recommend facelifts just for severe ageing.
However, facelift techniques have advanced with such variation that there’s a facelift procedure appropriate for nearly every decade, even the younger crowd. To understand why this is beneficial in the long run, not a premature mistake, you’ll need to know what each method achieves and how facial tissue responds at different ages.
The right intervention at the right time
One of Dr. Torgerson’s mottos is, “Do the right thing, at the right time.” More important than a number are your skin and muscle quality, elasticity, collagen, overall health, goals, and expectations. Everyone ages differently due to genetic factors. In their 30s some people already show the loss of volume and facial sagging associated with the elderly. Other people retain firm, plump skin and good tone well into their 60s and beyond. (Lucky them!) There’s no right or wrong time to intervene, only the right surgeon and procedure to achieve satisfying results.
Your facelift consultation will reveal options
Dr. Torgerson spends considerable time with each patient discussing holistic rejuvenation. This involves a combination of surgical and non-surgical treatments, including laser, PRP, or facial injectables. One reason why it’s valuable to have an expert guiding you is that they’ll tell you when that dreaded, “overfilled” look is approaching. Undergoing a face-lift when ageing issues are still minor means less drastic facelift before and after results now and less need for them later.
With a mini or mid facelift, you can nip signs of early sagging in the bud, then age gracefully. When planning your facelift, Dr. Torgerson will explain the deep plane facelift, SMAS (superficial musculo-aponeurotic system), and mini- lift benefits.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Who’s a good candidate for a facelift?
You don’t need to consider yourself “old” to team up with a facelift surgeon. Top Toronto candidates include patients who notice jawline and chin sagging, loose skin around theeyes, deeper laugh lines, a downturned mouth, a flattening or sagging midface, tired or angry brows, a sagging neck, or prominent neckbands.
Keep in mind that the above signs often appear individually, and patients can see issues in just one or two of these areas.
A full facelift will tighten the midface, jawline, and neck, but that’s more than many 30- or 40-year olds need. Instead, addressing areas individually with custom lifts is the ideal, modern approach.
Facelift recovery through the ages
Facelift before and after results depend somewhat on age and genetics. For instance, a younger person’s skin holds more natural collagen and elastin, so it bounces back, heals quickly, and reverts to a smooth look after facelift surgery. Clients who are in their 60s and over may find the degree of youthful firmness they once had won’t reappear. It takes longer for aged skin to heal as well.
Post-facelift, lifestyle factors keep skin vibrant. Regular exercise, good circulation, nutrition, and skincare affect skin health and resilience. That’s another reason why facelift recovery is easier for healthy young people, and long-term radiance is maintained more easily when you are active.
Which type of facelift do I need?
If you’re reviewing facelift before and afters for 60-year-olds, you’ll see more extensive incisions in front and behind the ears and into the hairline. The eye area is often treated with a blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery), and the brow may be lifted with a coronal incision in the hairline. Because sagging and loss of elasticity affect the entire face, a comprehensive approach delivers balanced, complete rejuvenation.
Conversely, when you view facelift before and after photos, you’ll most often see lower facelift, mini facelift, or neck lift results. Eyelid surgery can be done alone for people who are prone to rapid ageing in the eye area. Otherwise, the more common target for young clients is the lower face. Their facelift before and after pics are subtle, but they have the double benefit of looking natural and ensuring an effortlessly youthful appearance well into the next decades. Another perk of less invasive, mini facelift recovery is that it’s faster than more intensive operations. Incisions heal within a week, requiring less time off from busy lives and careers.
Younger clients are learning that a modern face-lift isn’t the tight, pulled procedure of the past. Top Toronto facelift surgeons have innovated meticulous techniques to adjust layers of facial tissue, including bone, muscle, fascia, and fat. They shift fat pads, strengthen support structures, and improve the foundations of the face. Skin is gently redraped, never stretched tightly. It achieves long-lasting results with no unsightly, “plastic” distortion.
Because of advanced techniques and the ability to customize a bespoke facelift, patient age is now an afterthought. Each client is considered individually and treated that way. For signs of ageing in your 30s or 40s, there’s no reason why you should wait to restore confidence. You don’t need to be a certain age to make a facelift worthwhile. Evidence shows that earlier intervention in the hands of an expert could prevent unnecessary ageing and keep you looking your best even longer.
We recommend that you seek the advice of a well-rounded, experienced facial cosmetic surgeon to talk about the lasting investment of a facelift. Planning early could mean avoiding the need for dramatic facelift before and after photos down the road.
Dr. Cory Torgerson
Find out what’s right for you
Dr. Torgerson is one of few facial plastic surgeons in Canada to have his MD, Ph.D. and FRCSC. His skill and experience target Head and Neck anatomy, and he focuses much of his practice on facelifts for men and women of all ages. He offers complimentary consultations to discuss your goals and consider options for rejuvenation. You’re invited to meet our team and let us help you take the next exciting steps today!
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facelift Surgeons: Best Reasons to Act Now, Not Later
- Toronto’s Top Facelift Surgeon’s Before and After Results
- Who is the Ideal Candidate for a Facelift?
- What To Expect On The Day of Facelift Surgery
- What Should You Ask During Your Toronto Facelift Consultation?
- What to Expect From Your Toronto FaceLift Recovery
- What Is the Average Cost of a Facelift in Toronto?
- What Is The Best Age For Facelift Surgery?
- What is the Best Alternative to a Toronto Facelift?
- What Men Need To Consider Before a Facelift
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Are the Common Misconceptions About a Toronto Facelift?
- Top Reasons To Get a Facelift
- Toronto Facelift: How Can You Tell If You’re Ready?
- Toronto Facelift - You Have Many Options
- Toronto Facelift Glossary - The Words You Need to Know
- Toronto Facelift: What You Don’t Know Might Surprise You
- Top 5 Advantages Of A Minilift
- The Ultimate Solution – Rhytidectomy
- The Toronto Facelift: Is It Popular with Men Too?
- The Best Toronto Facelift Surgery Techniques in 2018
- The Facelift Patient-Approved Checklist: 11 Ways to Make Recovery a Breeze
- The Benefits of a Mini facelift
- The Disadvantages of a Mini Facelift
- The “Thread Lift”: A Non-Invasive Alternative or Too Good to Be True?
- Recovery Time After Facelift Surgery
- Post-Op Recovery After Facelift Surgery
- Pros and Cons of Facelift Surgery
- Planning a Facelift? Find Out if a Mini Procedure is Right for You
- Mini Facelift vs. Full Facelift
- Learn About the Deep Plane Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Key Steps in a Toronto Facelift Procedure
- Investigating the Toronto Face Lift: What It Can and Can’t Do For You
- Is a Toronto Facelift Effective in Reducing the Appearance of Aging?
- How To Prepare For a Facelift
- How Long Will Facelift Results Last?
- How to Make a Person’s Face Look Younger
- How is Facelift Surgery Accomplished?
- How Long Does a Facelift Surgery Last? Learn Critical Factors that You Can Control
- How Can I Know What My Facelift in Toronto Will Cost?
- How Can a Toronto Facelift Change Your Life?
- Four Main Risks of Facelift Surgery
- Have Fillers Replaced the Toronto Facelift?
- Fat Grafting
- Everything You Need To Know About Mini Face Lift Surgery
- Facelift FAQs
- Facelift Surgery (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Facts You Should Be Aware Of
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facelift Preparation
- Face Lift Recovery Time
- Facelift Cost
- Facelift Surgery Guide: 5 Questions You Should Always Ask
- Facelift Toronto
- Considering Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Can a Toronto Facelift Surgery Make you Look Younger?
- Can I Get a Facelift Without Surgery?
- Bespoke Facelifts in Toronto- What Can you add to your Personalized Facial Cosmetic Surgery?
- Alyria: Optimum Skin Care System
- Answers to Your Top 6 Toronto FaceLift Questions
- Are Facelifts Becoming More Popular?
- Achieving Facial Balance in Cosmetic Surgery
- 11 Questions to Ask Before Facelift Surgery — Find Out What the Experts Suggest
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.