Canada’s “Newtox” is Gaining Fans
What is Nuceiva?
When you think of wrinkle-smoothing injections, one name likely comes to mind . . . until now. Have you heard of “Newtox”? The trending nickname for Nuceiva is Canada’s first neurotoxin to be approved for wrinkles in nearly 2 decades.
The benefits of injections to combat the signs of ageing appear quickly and are catching on with people of all ages, both men and women. Botox has been a top-requested, non-surgical treatment for many years, but we’re happy to see a smooth new kid on the block.
What Does it Do?
Nuceiva is approved to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe vertical lines between the eyebrows. These are “number 11” lines that can make someone appear tired, angry, or aged.
It’s no wonder that self-esteem takes a hit from unwanted frown lines. We treat many young clients who have overactive facial muscles and deep lines due to dynamic expression.
It’s a wonderful thing to express how you feel! But most people don’t want to look older than they are. It’s impressive what smoothing away a few lines can do to brighten your look and the impression you make.
If you have forehead lines and folds that you wish to banish, and if you’re interested in preventative treatment, contact us about Nuceiva at Toronto’s Sovereign Skin.
Why Consider Wrinkle Treatments in Toronto?
Nuceiva is Canada’s newest Health Canada-approved botulinum toxin type A formulated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of glabellar lines in adults. Other brands in this category include Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin.
Marketed as Jeuveau by Evolus in the United States, it originated with South Korea pharmaceutical company Daewoong. In Korea, it’s been gaining momentum as the new “it” cosmetic treatment since 2014, and now Nuceiva in Canada is turning heads.
Part of its unique appeal is the lower price. Nuceiva costs as little as 25% less than Botox in most clinics. The effects are comparable to other cosmetic injections and at a beautiful new price point. If you’ve been on the fence about wrinkle treatment, it just became more attractive.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
What Do Cosmetic Injections Do?
Botulinum toxin is one type of cosmetic injectable made from a neurotoxic protein created by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. You may recognize the “botulism” name, but rest assured that the protein in approved injections doesn’t cause botulism.
When it is administered in incredibly small doses, Nuceiva prevents the release of acetylcholine from axon endings at the neuromuscular junction, temporarily decreasing the movement of intended muscles.
Botulinum toxin types A and B are used to treat chronic medical conditions, including spasms and various diseases related to muscle activity. Neuromodulator injection has also become beneficial to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis).
The selection of muscles and doses used to treat are precise for the harmonized softening of movement. Only skilled, qualified doctors can determine your suitability and prescribe treatment.
Nuceiva Canada was designed just for cosmetic benefits, rather than general medical applications. Before and after results show lifted, smoother brows and foreheads and what patients describe as a “rested appearance”.
Are you Interested in Preventative Injections?
Your injector will discuss “preventative wrinkle injections” with you as well. This practice is believed to help stave off future facial lines by limiting the repetitive flexing that causes them. If you start working with a cosmetic professional early on, you may be able to prolong your smooth image long enough to keep coworkers and friends guessing.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
What is The Difference Between Nuceiva vs. Botox?
- The same active ingredients are contained in leading Health Canada-approved wrinkle injections. However, Nuceiva is marketed for cosmetic treatment.
- The brand’s focus is on combatting the effects of facial ageing, whereas Botox has been studied extensively and prescribed for both non-aesthetic and cosmetic purposes.
- Nuceiva can temporarily improve glabellar lines between your brows, and its reliability is backed by decades of the proven effects of botulinum toxin injection.
- It carries the same risks and potential side effects as Botox (onabotulinumtoxin A). (Please discuss any risks and health considerations with your provider before use).
- Botox® is an established brand with worldwide recognition. The name has become synonymous with wrinkle treatment. However, Nuceiva reviews to date have positioned it as a patient-pleaser, so we anticipate that the brand name will quickly become well-known.
Do You Want to Switch From Botox or Dysport to Nucieva?
Botox, Dysport or Nucieva
Nuceiva’s formula is comparable to Botox, so there’s no reason why you can’t switch if you and your injector plan to. Your practitioner will advise you to wait at least a few months between treatments. They’ll also consider information from your prior therapies to inform the next one.
Neuromodulator treatment can yield different effects for each client. Though they’re similar, you might experience different products as slightly different personalities: some products last longer, and others take effect faster. You might also prefer the way one works over another, so your physician can advise switching it up if your usual treatment isn’t achieving satisfying results. Your practitioner will explain the expected treatment cost, risks, and effects to expect.
What will your Nuceiva treatment be like?
Anti-wrinkle treatment through cosmetic injections at Sovereign Skin is performed by a skilled, qualified physician. Our practitioners have advanced facial anatomy knowledge and the artistic ability to deliver natural-looking results.
One hallmark of professional cosmetic injection is that the patient doesn’t look like they’ve had a facial treatment at all. Selective, subtle muscle-relaxing leaves you with as much facial expression as you want.
You’ll receive Nuceiva after a detailed assessment with your practitioner and a discussion to review the effects and any follow-up instructions. The session will be quick — 10 to 15 minutes is all you need.
Our patients are pleased to know that only tiny needles administer neuromodulators. That’s why other than a pinprick, most people don’t describe cosmetic injections as uncomfortable. You can have a numbing cream applied beforehand to keep you feeling great, and you can apply ice afterward if needed.
You are free to leave our office and resume your day after treatment. There’s no downtime required, and there are only a few restrictions. We’ll ask you to avoid pressing on the treatment area and skip the gym for the first 12 hours.
Nuceiva side effects are rare and may include headaches or mild bruising at the treatment sites. Please speak with your physician for a full list of product considerations.
Book your free consultation and discover Nuceiva, Canada’s new beauty
With one fast appointment, you could reveal a more refreshed, positive, and confident version of yourself. Ironing out pesky lines can be subtle yet boost your self-esteem in big ways. If you want to love what you see in the mirror, cosmetic injections may be the right place to start. Contact Sovereign Skin and let us help you get your transformation started.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.