Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal has been one of the most popular – if not the most popular – laser treatments for many, many years for men and women across a wide range of age groups.
Unwanted hair is a common problem that can now be easily managed with the aesthetic tools that are available for the public. Traditional hair removal procedures use IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) or a diode, Nd:YAG laser, to destroy the hair pigments in hair follicles, eventually leading to the reduction of the hair from the root. The common challenge with traditional hair removal was the difficulty in treating people with darker skin tones.
Fotona has found a way around that by devising a laser system that can treat all skin types. It also has less associated risks and higher efficacy rates in the removal of unwanted hair on the face and body.
Fotona’s Dynamis Nd:YAG laser uses their exclusive FRAC3 laser delivery system. This method of laser delivery uses a combination of selective and standardized photothermolysis. The longer wavelengths used with the pulse technology targets the hair follicles deeper than the conventional lasers because this can successfully deliver more laser light into the hair follicles with each repeated passing over the area.
FRAC3 laser hair reduction is safe and effective in reducing hair on the face and body without damaging the surrounding skin. Hair reduction requires a series of treatments due to the different cycles of hair growth, but patients can expect a 10% to 25% hair reduction with each treatment, which is every 4 weeks for the face and every 6 to 8 weeks for treatments on the body.
The Nd:YAG laser system from Fotona successfully reduces hair on the following areas:
The results from Fotona’s FRAC3 Nd:YAG laser hair reduction produces aesthetically pleasing results in just 6 sessions for most people. The delivery of the laser light is more efficient than the traditional methods of hair reduction. The unprecedented safe delivery of pulse-control laser technology in darker skin tones positions Fotona’s hair reduction program as one of the leading procedures in reducing unwanted hair for all skin types. The risks associated with older methods of hair removal for darker skin tones include:
- Skin irritation
- Pigmentation changes
- Changes in skin texture
- More painful treatments
When considering laser hair-removal sessions, it is very important to consult with a reputable clinic that employs qualified technicians who understand the process of photoepilation on the varying degrees of skin tone classifications by phototype on the Fitzpatrick Scale. These classifications determine the amount of laser energy and the length of the pulses that can be safely delivered to the skin’s surface without causing any harm to the skin or surrounding tissue around the hair follicles. Most patients tolerate treatments very well, and the hair reduction results are usually apparent even after one session.
If you are interested in laser hair removal with the Fotona FRAC3 Nd:YAG laser, then contact Dr. Torgerson’s Cosmetic Clinic and Laser Centre to receive your specialized consultation. Customized treatment sessions are the ideal way to reduce unwanted hair on the face and body efficiently.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Fotona Laser Treatment
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Hot Vs. Cold
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.