No Downtime nd No Surgery
Vaginal Laser Treatments
Many women feel too shy to discuss intimate issues with their doctor and may not know that there are effective treatments for common female genital, urinary, and vaginal problems. The popularity of cosmetic procedures mean that we often talk about how women can look their best, but we don’t talk as openly about gynecology and how a woman can feel her best too. Fortunately, there have been exciting new advances in this area of medicine. Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Yorkville Toronto clinic offers both surgical and non-surgical treatment options . The Fotona Smooth Mode erbium laser provides a gynaecology treatment system that can address multiple areas of concern with one device, no downtime, and no surgery. These specialized treatment types are called IncontiLase, IntimaLase, ProlapLase, and RenovaLase.
Together, this suite of treatment options provides non-invasive solutions for urinary stress incontinence, vaginal dryness, itching and atrophy, vaginal laxity, painful intercourse, and issues of prolapse.
The Fotona Smooth Mode erbium laser shrinks tissues that it contacts with controlled, pulsed heating. This has the effect of stimulating angiogenesis, new fibroblast activity, and collagen production in the treatment area within 3 weeks. Further maturation of collagen production and tissue tightening proceeds over the next 6 to 8 months. Symptoms of stress urinary incontinence, laxity of vaginal tissue, prolapse issues, and muscle atrophy will all benefit from the Fotona laser. Treatment of the vaginal mucosa typically requires 2 treatments 4 weeks apart. Prolapse or atrophy issues with ProlapLase will require additional treatments.
Vaginal Laser Treatment Options
Fotona Laser Treatment
Your consultation will involve ensuring that you do not have contraindications for the treatments such as pregnancy, certain diseases, or structural abnormalities. At your consultation, a laser nurse will also talk with you about treatment steps and what to expect during the procedures and recovery. There will typically be very mild swelling, if any, after your Fotona laser session. Patients are able to return to most regular activities immediately, making non-surgical vaginal and urinary treatment fast and convenient.
If you have noticed visible changes in the appearance of your labia or vagina that make you feel self-conscious, if you suffer dryness or pain during intercourse, or if you are dealing with urinary leaks that limit your lifestyle, you don’t have to keep dealing with that alone anymore. Come in and talk with us. We welcome you to schedule a private medical consultation with our laser nurses to learn about the surgical and non-surgical options available to restore your body and your confidence.
No Surgery and No Downtime
Together with you, one of our experienced laser nurses will help you select the best treatment options to address your concerns during your private, one-on-one medical consultation. Our nurses apply the advanced Fotona laser technology in the safest and most effective ways.
Between 1/3 and 1/2 of women report some degree of urinary incontinence after childbirth.
Our internal pelvic organs such as bladder and uterus are supported in place by various structures such as ligaments and muscles. Over time and due to pelvic floor muscle weakening and hormonal changes, loss of those supports may lead to uncomfortable shifting and “prolapse”. The uterus can descend into the vagina, as can the bladder or rectum, meaning that they push against and protrude into the vaginal space. There are estimates that up to half of all women who have given birth may have some degree of prolapse. Thinning and laxity of the vaginal walls also becomes a problem for many women after childbirth and with aging. This can lead to the loss of sexual satisfaction and discomfort. The cause is often lowered estrogen levels, because estrogen benefits the vagina by keeping its walls moist, thick, and elastic. It is not necessary to live with these uncomfortable changes.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
- Are You A Candidate for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation?
- Choosing the Right Practitioner for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- Do Vaginal Laser Treatments Hurt?
- Have You Tried the New Non-Surgical Laser Solution for Treating Stress Urinary Incontinence?
- How Are the Most Popular Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Different from One Another?
- How Menopause Affects the Female Body
- Incontinence Treatment Using Fotona Laser Technology
- Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation: What Is It and How Does it Work?
- Reasons to Consider Vaginal Rejuvenation Therapy
- Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Your Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatment
- The Effects of Vaginal Childbirth
- Treatment Options for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Using Laser Treatments for Vaginal Tightening Without Surgery
- Using Laser Treatments To Relieve Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Dryness: Symptoms, Causes, and Remedies
- Vaginal Rejuvenation With Laser and Without Laser
- What Are the Benefits of the Fotona Laser in Gynecology?
- What’s the Difference Between the IntimaLase Procedure and the IncontiLase Procedure?
- Who Are Ideal Candidates for Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments?