Nail Fungus Treatments With Fotona
Fotona SP Dynamis is a highly innovative dual-wavelength machine that allows Dr. Torgerson to offer a comprehensive range of laser treatments for the entire body
One of the exciting new procedures that we will be offering is nail fungus treatments. Onychomycosis is a common condition that develops in the nails of the feet (more commonly) and hands. Prior to laser treatments for nail fungus, oral prescription medications were employed as the method of action for treatments. These treatment plans proved to be slow in their effectiveness and often yielded unwanted side effects. Laser nail fungus treatments can provide immediate relief for patients who suffer from this condition.
Nail fungus is a bacterial infection in the nails of the hands and feet
What Is Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus occurs with the overpopulation of yeast and mold bacteria in the nail and surrounding areas. These microbes are part of the dermatophytes strand, which means they are a form of fungi bacteria. They can regenerate rapidly, and if left untreated, they can cause unwanted side effects. Thankfully, fungi bacteria are sensitive to laser light therapy, and their microorganisms can be effectively weakened with the Nd:YAG laser at high temperatures. Fungal spores are destroyed at 60°C.
How Do Nail Fungus Treatments Work?
Fotona Nd:YAG laser is delivered to the deeper layers of the nail bed and surrounding tissues. The affected tissue cells are targeted by decreasing the activity in the fungal spores, causing them to degenerate. Fotona SP Dynamis safely delivers controlled heat to the treatment area without causing harm to the unaffected tissue and surrounding structures. Nd:YAG laser is delivered in controlled high temperatures under Fotona’s unique wavelength and depth setting. This allows practitioners to destroy the fungus in the nail comfortably and effectively without causing any harm to the patient. Nd:YAG laser is fatal to fungi organisms that are sensitive to light and experience cell death upon delivery of laser light.
ail fungus treatments are comfortable with no downtime
What Are Treatments Like?
Fotona Nd:YAG micro-pulses of laser light are transmitted directly to the deep layers of the infected nail and surrounding tissue. Patients may experience some heat during laser deliver, but in general, they do not feel any pain or discomfort during treatments. Toronto nail fungus treatments are comfortable. Patients can resume their normal activities immediately after treatments. Nail fungus is highly contagious, so precautionary steps are recommended to avoid spreading or infecting the treated nails.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
Fotona nail fungus laser treatments are repeated every week for a period of 3 to 4 weeks. Treatments are quick and can be completed in less than 20 minutes.
Fotona nail fungus laser treatments are increasing in popularity in laser podiatry practices. Patients can now receive quick and easy treatments to remove this unsightly condition of the fingernails and toenails. Laser therapy for onychomycosis is a great way to treat nail fungus without surgery or medications.
If you are concerned about nail fungus or think you have a nail fungus condition, contact our office to schedule your consultation. See if laser therapy is the solution for your nail fungus concerns.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Fotona Laser Treatment
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.