Common Questions About Laser Peels
After a certain age, the rate of how we age can seem accelerated. Usually people over the age of 30 start to see visible signs of aging in the skin, especially on the face and neck. The process of aging happens as we slowly begin to lose moisture and the body decreases the production of collagen and elastin fibres.
The decrease in collagen and elastin weakens the dermal structures, and wrinkles begin to form on the surface of the skin. The wrinkles caused by aging can be reduced using a variety of aesthetic laser treatments. Esthetic laser peels are an effective, easy treatment to improve skin texture and tone and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, pore size, and age spots. Laser peels can produce impressive results in patients who have visible signs of ageing in the face and neck. Below we answer some of the common questions that patients ask when inquiring about laser peel treatments.
What Are Laser Peels?
Laser peels are non-invasive facial treatments that have the ability to remove years off your face with laser beams that are delivered into the epidermis. The laser light in laser peels is used to remove fine lines and wrinkles and even deeper dynamic wrinkles. The laser technology of the laser peels gently removes micro-thin layers of the epidermis while the thermal properties of the laser penetrate deeper into the skin to stimulate the production of collagen in the dermis.
Over the following days and weeks, collagen production is increased, which fortifies the anatomical structures of the skin. Dermal structures are supported by collagen and elastin, so the increased production of these two essential components creates a healthy environment for the skin to regenerate itself after being exposed to the thermal laser peel light.
Why Choose a Laser Peel?
Laser peels are an effective way to deliver controlled laser light into the skin by a trained, qualified operator. Laser peels can be customized to each patient’s skin and wrinkle type (static or dynamic), yielding a high efficacy rate for those with variable skin conditions. All-in-one treatments are not always the most effective way to treat wrinkles, so laser peels are a fantastic way to individually target your specific concerns. Most laser peels are catered to the improvements requested by patients, making them a highly-customized procedure. Laser peels are non-invasive treatments that can produce notable results over the course of several treatments.
What Are Treatments Like?
Treatments are different for each person. Laser peels deliver thermal laser energy to the skin, so some people may find the laser light sensation much like heat on the skin. Most people tolerate laser peels very well with minimal to mild discomfort. Patients who are more sensitive can consult with their performing technician about options that may help their treatment experience.
Immediately after laser peel treatments, patients can experience what some may describe as a sunburn like sensation with some warmth felt in the skin and some redness that subsides over the course of a few days. Some people may experience some swelling, which will also dissipate in the following few days. Most patients can resume daily activities immediately, but they should take extra precautions to avoid direct sun exposure by wearing sunscreen and keeping their newly treated areas well hydrated.
If you are interested in reversing the signs of ageing in your skin with minimal recovery time, then laser peels are a great way to restore more youthfulness into your face and neck while improving wrinkles and irregularities for natural looking results. Contact Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Laser Centre to schedule your consultation with one of our highly qualified laser specialists.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Fotona Laser Treatment
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Hot Vs. Cold
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.