Active Acne Treatments
Causes Of Active Acne
Active acne is common and unpleasant. It affects millions of people in Canada, and one of the most common types is called cystic acne. Treatments for acne can vary from oral medications to topical solution, and now more advanced technologies are used to treat acne-related skin conditions. Active acne, especially cystic acne, can be painful, nasty, and embarrassing at times.
The causes of acne vary for everyone. For example, acne can be triggered by stress, or it can simply be caused by your genetics. Common causes include bacterial infections in the skin, hormonal changes, hormonal imbalances, and improper hygienic practices of the skin, which can all cause inflammation in the skin, leading to acne. If left untreated, acne can cause scarring on the face that can cause damage to the superficial layers of the skin.
Acne scars can appear as irregularities in the texture of the skin, darkening of the inflamed areas, and sometimes deep indents from severe cystic acne. Treating acne scars that have matured over the years can be a challenging task, as they will be quite resistant to conventional methods of action.
Active acne treatments are best operated on skin where the acne has subsided, because active acne can cause more irritation of the skin. This is because the pores need to be clear of inflammation to respond effectively to treatments without damaging the skin even further. Persistent acne is treated best with medications from a certified dermatologist to help manage and control more severe forms of acne in patients.
Dr. Torgerson is proud to offer the latest in laser rejuvenation treatments for his patients in Toronto who suffer from cystic acne and acne-related symptoms. He is thrilled to introduce the Fotona Dynamis laser machine as a new service at his Toronto Cosmetic Laser Centre for patients who are seeking relief from acne and acne scarring. Below we discuss the benefits of the Fotona Dynamis laser and what it can do for patients with acne.
How Does It Work?
The Fotona laser system with its Dynamis laser module is a state-of-the-art machine that has the capacity to combine the Nd:YAG (YAG laser) and Er:YAG (erbium laser) to effectively treat various forms of acne. The thermal effects of these two lasers produce disinfecting properties in the cysts and surrounding tissues, while the erbium laser micro punctures the hole, causing immediate drainage of the pus-filled cyst. This provides the patient with instantaneous relief from the pressure the cyst was causing. The Er:YAG laser can be applied to the drained area to assist in coagulating the tissue and efficiently disinfecting the newly treated area to prevent reoccurrence.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
Patients who suffer from persistent active acne or cystic acne are ideal candidates for treating their acne with the Fotona Dynamis laser system. Improvements in the condition of the skin can be seen in about a week, with gradual improvements over a few weeks. People with aggressive forms of acne usually require a series of treatments with a prescribed skincare regimen to improve the overall general health of the skin from the inside out.
If you suffer from active acne, cystic acne or other forms of inflammation in the skin, then scheduling a consultation with Dr. Torgerson’s Facial Cosmetic Clinic is your first step in successfully treating your acne with the Fotona Dynamis laser system.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
Fotona Laser Treatment
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- What You Need to Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing with Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Lip Plumping with Fotona
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments with Fotona
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2: Upper Body
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1: Head And Neck
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Hot Vs. Cold
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.