Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
The primary purpose of your consultation is to provide you with an opportunity to ask questions.
Discuss your desired results and assess whether your prospective cosmetic surgeon is right for you. Your plastic surgeon will also use this time to get to know you and ensure that you are a suitable candidate for surgery. To do so, your Toronto plastic surgeon will ask you the following 5 questions.
Are You A Suitable Candidate?
1. Are you in good overall health?
As is true of any surgical procedure, it is imperative that you are in good overall health when undergoing cosmetic surgery. Unfortunately, uncontrolled chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, or hypertension may make you ineligible for plastic surgery, as they pose a greater risk of complications. Thus, it is typically necessary to wait until your condition is under control before going forward with the procedure. Your surgeon may also inquire about your lifestyle choices when assessing your candidacy for plastic surgery in Toronto. Factors such as obesity, smoking, and drinking may negatively impact your results.
2. Are you able to take time off to recover?
To ensure a safe and speedy recovery, it is necessary for you to take time off from work and other responsibilities following your procedure. While it can sometimes be difficult to take time away from work and/or school, it is necessary to schedule 1 to 2 weeks of downtime to provide your body with ample time to heal. In addition, it is often necessary to refrain from partaking in strenuous activities such as exercise for up to 4 weeks.
Cosmetic Surgeon’s Instructions
3. Are you willing to follow all care instructions?
For optimal results, it is important to follow all of your Toronto plastic surgeon’s care instructions both pre- and post-operatively. For example, your surgeon may require that you quit smoking or refrain from alcohol consumption for several weeks prior to your procedure. Adhering to your cosmetic surgeon’s instructions will help ensure your comfort and safety both during the procedure and as you recover.
4. What are your expectations for the procedure?
To determine your eligibility for plastic surgery, your surgeon will assess whether your goals can realistically be met with the procedure. It is crucial for patients to have a realistic idea of what they can expect from surgery before undergoing the procedure, as unreasonable expectations will lead to disappointment and frustration. In addition, patients with unrealistic goals are typically not suitable candidates for surgery, as they frequently expect perfection and view surgery as a means to happiness.
5. Why did you decide to undergo this procedure?
As a follow-up to the previous question, your Toronto plastic surgeon will also ask why you have decided to undergo surgery. This question is intended to ensure that you have come to the decision on your own and are not turning to surgery as a result of pressure from others or in an attempt to save a relationship. Surgery is a deeply personal choice. Doing it for others will not lead to your own satisfaction.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.