The Rise of Plastic Surgery in the Age of the Selfie
You never know what weird and wacky trend is going to take the world by storm
Just a few years ago, if you’d mentioned taking a “selfie”, no one would’ve known what you were talking about. Basically, if a selfie were listed in the dictionary, the definition would simply be a picture of yourself on a social media network. Selfies were born due to the rise of social media.
People under the age of 30 are booking consultations with facial plastic surgeons to investigate their options to look their best
Plastic Surgery in age of 30 & under
It seems that every age group has adopted the habit of taking selfies, although the under-35 group takes the largest percentage of photos. The question of why this trend has gripped society has been the subject of radio shows, television talk shows, and innumerable magazine articles. Because people are now able to constantly be on the web, it has become a source of competition to see how many “likes” they can get once their selfie is posted. Taking a photo is much easier and definitely quicker than writing a blog! Selfies are a way to feel good about yourself and boost your ego or to show off your new glasses or haircut. Taking your own photo is not seen as being self-absorbed. Selfies are now the cool way to socialize.
Facebook was the first network to display selfies, but other social media networks such as Snapchat and Instagram have taken over. These mediums allow an even closer view of people’s faces. Every detail and line can be closely examined by everyone. Because people are using selfies not only to impress their friends, but to apply for jobs or find a soulmate, first impressions have become of utmost importance. Therefore, the selfie has resulted in an increased demand for plastic surgery. People under the age of 30 are booking consultations with facial plastic surgeons to investigate their options to look their best.
Both men and women are concerned with maintaining their youthful appearance
Maintaining Youthful Appearance
A facelift to smooth out wrinkles or lines around the eyes or rhinoplasty surgery to ensure a symmetrical nose are in increasing demand. Hair loss in men is causing more anxiety than ever before. Dr. Cory Torgerson offers Neograft Hair Transplant, the most modern technique in hair loss reversal at his private surgery centre in Yorkville.
Young people under the age of 30 are exploring options such as neurotoxin injection to minimize wrinkles on the forehead and around the eyes. Dermal fillers are exceedingly popular to smooth out lines, plump the lips, or create the illusion of sculpted cheekbones or a defined jawline. Most of the behaviour also appears to be driven by the desire to look more like a famous celebrity.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.