4 of the Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers in Toronto
Over time, as a result of the natural aging process, our skin begins to sag, crease, and wrinkle.
Although these changes are inevitable,they are often unwelcome, particularly given the value that our society places on maintaining a youthful appearance. This leads many men and women to search for a safe and effective solution to aging skin. A dermal filler is a medical treatment designed to rejuvenate the face by restoring volume, enhancing contours, and correcting wrinkles. As a result, this minimally invasive, non-surgical solution has quickly gained popularity among patients hoping to restore their appearance and confidence without going under the knife. While more and more individuals are expressing an interest in this procedure, there continue to be a number of misconceptions. The 4 most common myths about dermal fillers in Toronto are debunked below.
Improving Facial Contours
Myth #1: Dermal Fillers and Botox Are the Same
Since both Toronto dermal fillers and Botox work to turn back the hands of time by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, many people assume that the two products are the same. In reality, they are very different. While Botox prevents muscle activity in the treatment area, thereby relaxing fine lines and wrinkles, dermal fillers add volume to the face to plump the skin and improve facial contours. While both treatment options have a number of benefits, many patients prefer dermal fillers because there are many options to chose from, which makes them an incredibly versatile product.
Myth #2: Dermal Fillers Restrict Facial Movement
Because people often mistake dermal fillers for Botox, there is a myth that this procedure will result in “face freeze,” as Botox paralyzes the facial muscles. However, dermal fillers do not restrict facial movement in any way, which means that patients can continue to make the same facial expressions. Beautiful, natural-looking results can be achieved, provided that you entrust a skilled and experienced Toronto plastic surgeon.
Excellent Investment in Your Appearance
Myth #3: They Are Used Only to Treat Wrinkles
Although Toronto dermal fillers are often requested by patients hoping to treat moderate to severe wrinkles, they have a number of other uses. In fact, they can be used to address several cosmetic concerns such as sunken cheeks or a weak jawline. At the moment, one of the most popular uses of dermal filler is lip plumping.
Myth #4: Dermal Fillers Do Not Last Long
Many people mistakenly believe that the results do not last long and are therefore not worth the expense. However, while some fillers last only a few months, many are very long-lasting. In fact, hyaluronic acid fillers typically last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year, and some fillers can last upwards of 2 or even 5 years. As a result, dermal fillers in Toronto are an excellent investment in your appearance. To learn more and to determine whether dermal fillers are right for you, we invite you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a leading Toronto plastic surgeon.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.