4 of the Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers in Toronto
Over time, as a result of the natural aging process, our skin begins to sag, crease, and wrinkle.
Although these changes are inevitable,they are often unwelcome, particularly given the value that our society places on maintaining a youthful appearance. This leads many men and women to search for a safe and effective solution to aging skin. A dermal filler is a medical treatment designed to rejuvenate the face by restoring volume, enhancing contours, and correcting wrinkles. As a result, this minimally invasive, non-surgical solution has quickly gained popularity among patients hoping to restore their appearance and confidence without going under the knife. While more and more individuals are expressing an interest in this procedure, there continue to be a number of misconceptions. The 4 most common myths about dermal fillers in Toronto are debunked below.
Improving Facial Contours
Myth #1: Dermal Fillers and Botox Are the Same
Since both Toronto dermal fillers and Botox work to turn back the hands of time by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, many people assume that the two products are the same. In reality, they are very different. While Botox prevents muscle activity in the treatment area, thereby relaxing fine lines and wrinkles, dermal fillers add volume to the face to plump the skin and improve facial contours. While both treatment options have a number of benefits, many patients prefer dermal fillers because there are many options to chose from, which makes them an incredibly versatile product.
Myth #2: Dermal Fillers Restrict Facial Movement
Because people often mistake dermal fillers for Botox, there is a myth that this procedure will result in “face freeze,” as Botox paralyzes the facial muscles. However, dermal fillers do not restrict facial movement in any way, which means that patients can continue to make the same facial expressions. Beautiful, natural-looking results can be achieved, provided that you entrust a skilled and experienced Toronto plastic surgeon.
Excellent Investment in Your Appearance
Myth #3: They Are Used Only to Treat Wrinkles
Although Toronto dermal fillers are often requested by patients hoping to treat moderate to severe wrinkles, they have a number of other uses. In fact, they can be used to address several cosmetic concerns such as sunken cheeks or a weak jawline. At the moment, one of the most popular uses of dermal filler is lip plumping.
Myth #4: Dermal Fillers Do Not Last Long
Many people mistakenly believe that the results do not last long and are therefore not worth the expense. However, while some fillers last only a few months, many are very long-lasting. In fact, hyaluronic acid fillers typically last anywhere from 6 months to 1 year, and some fillers can last upwards of 2 or even 5 years. As a result, dermal fillers in Toronto are an excellent investment in your appearance. To learn more and to determine whether dermal fillers are right for you, we invite you to contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a leading Toronto plastic surgeon.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.