Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
When dealing with wrinkles or imperfect skin, the first thing that occurs to most people is getting a facelift
However, repairing ageing skin is more complex than that. It often takes a multi-step process to achieve optimal results. Many individuals would like to treat more than wrinkles and sagging skin. They also have blemishes, scars, large pores, or areas of sun damage that have grown even darker as they’ve gotten older.
Non-surgical treatment for blemishes, scars, large pores, or areas of sun damage
There are non-surgical treatment options for all of these issues. Two of the most popular treatments are fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing and dermal fillers. Let’s look at each of these treatments to better understand what conditions they treat and then discuss how they can be used together.
Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing using a CO2 laser provides a dramatic transformation to wrinkled, sagging, damaged, and aging skin. The laser used in this treatment is highly specialized and sends pulses of energy into the skin tissue, damaging and destroying the top layer. This is more than a simple exfoliation. A fractional CO2 laser skin-resurfacing treatment can actually reduce the size of large pores, lessen the appearance of superficial scars, remove blemishes and imperfections such as sun damage, and tighten loose skin in general.
Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing is an extremely beneficial treatment to rejuvenate the face. CO2 laser treatments do remove the top layer of the skin, they will typically cause redness, swelling, and some degree of pain for the first few days. It’s recommended that people who have had this treatment take time off to stay home.
Dermal fillers can be used to get rid of “lipstick lines” around the lips
For fine lines, folds, and creases that won’t respond to the tightening effects of fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing, dermal fillers are the answer.They can be injected into the temple area, beneath the cheekbones, or in the hollows under the eyes if those areas have lost fat and have begun to look sunken. They can also be used to fill in laugh lines around the eyes.
Dermal fillers range in type from temporary to long lasting. Treatment with a temporary filler will last from 6 months to 18 months, as these fillers are made from hyaluronic acid and dissipate somewhat quickly compared to other types of fillers. Semi-lasting fillers last longer, as they are made up of thicker materials that are still very safe and biodegradable. Fillers do not absorb into the body and can last for 5 years or more.
Unlike with CO2 laser skin resurfacing, there is no recovery time after treatment with dermal fillers. Your doctor may numb the injection sites with cold packs or special topical anaesthetic cream and you should experience very little discomfort afterwards.
Do I Have To Choose Only One?
Fractional CO2 laser skin resurfacing and dermal fillers are wonderful treatments that effectively complement each other. In fact, if you receive dermal fillers to fill out pesky lines and creases before you have laser skin resurfacing, it will be easier for your doctor to treat those filled-out areas with the laser. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson at (647) 343-0207 to find out the best way to schedule these procedures and whether combining is an ideal solution in achieving your desired goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Selphyl Toronto
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- Toronto Lip Filler : A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teosyal RHA
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Rich Face
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.