5 Essential Questions to Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
After making the decision to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure, the most important step in planning for your surgery is your consultation with your prospective surgeon.
This private one-on-one meeting is your opportunity to discuss your goals for the procedure with your cosmetic surgeon. The surgeon will ask you a number of questions to learn more about your motivation for undergoing surgery, your desired outcome, and your medical history. However, it is crucial that you also use the opportunity to address any questions or concerns that you have. In particular, it is essential to discuss the following questions during your initial consultation with your Toronto cosmetic surgeon.
1. Are you Royal College-certified?
Ensuring that your prospective surgeon is certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada is imperative. This designation indicates that in addition to completing medical school, the surgeon has completed a minimum of 5 years of surgical training and has passed a rigorous examination. Although many physicians market themselves as cosmetic surgeons, only practitioners with this designation have the qualifications and experience necessary to perform complex surgical procedures.
2. How often do you perform the procedure I am interested in?
Once you have verified your prospective surgeon’s credentials, it is necessary to inquire about how frequently they perform the specific procedure you are interested in undergoing. Ensuring that your plastic surgeon dedicates a large part of their practice to the procedure you plan to undergo is imperative, as it will provide you with peace of mind knowing that they have the skills and expertise necessary to achieve your desired results. While many cosmetic surgeons perform a wide array of procedures, including facial surgery and body-contouring procedures, it is best to select a surgeon who specializes in one area, as they will be up to date on the latest techniques and will have experience working with a variety of patients.
Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon
3. What type of anaesthesia will you use, and who will administer it?
Regardless of which surgery you hope to undergo, anaesthesia will be necessary. To prepare for your surgery, it is advisable to inquire about which type of anaesthesia will be used and who will administer it. Provided that a certified anaesthesiologist (MD/DO) or certified registered nurse anesthetist (CRNA) administers the anaesthesia and a dedicated anaesthesiology team is present to monitor you throughout the procedure, both general and local anaesthesia are safe and effective.
4. What does the recovery process entail?
To ensure that the procedure is right for you and that you are prepared for the recovery period, it is important to ask your Toronto cosmetic surgeon what the recovery process entails. In most cases, it is necessary to schedule time off from work and other responsibilities, and many patients also require assistance with childcare post-operatively. In addition, there are typically physical restrictions for the first few days or even weeks after surgery, which you must be aware of before undergoing the procedure.
5. What is the total cost of the procedure?
Lastly, although the cost of the procedure should never be the determining factor, it is still an important consideration when selecting your Toronto cosmetic surgeon. Since cosmetic surgery is elective, the patient is responsible for the total cost. However, most plastic surgeons offer financing options that allow patients to make monthly payments.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.