5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial
If you’re one of the many people considering facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto, you may be wondering how to determine if you’re a good candidate for the procedure.
Well, you’ve come to the right place. Today we’ll explain 5 helpful ways to find out if you’re a good candidate for a facelift. When it comes to surgeries such as facelifts, there are several factors to consider that can ultimately impact your satisfaction with the procedure.
Factors to Consider Before Undergoing the Procedure
Although there is no perfect age for a facelift, it’s generally a good idea to have some rejuvenation done before the visible signs of aging are very severe. When the facial signs of aging are too advanced, the likelihood of achieving the best results is reduced. Opting for a facelift in your 40s and 50s is generally a good idea, as it can help prevent physical changes before they become permanent. Another advantage is that in their forties and fifties, people generally have few medical issues, if any, which means they are healthy, stable candidates for surgery.
The majority of patients who’ve traditionally undergone a facelift have been female, but the procedure is equally as effective for men. Among clients opting for facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto, there has been a steady increase in the number of men turning to facelifts for improved confidence in all areas of life and to match the outside with how young they feel on the inside. Although men are usually just as good candidates as women, there are specific considerations to account for when it comes to male facelifts. For instance, since men tend to have broader faces with thicker skin and stronger ligament structures, the procedure can be more complex. For this reason, it’s extremely important to choose a highly experienced and Royal College-certified plastic surgeon with specific expertise in male cosmetic surgery.
The Best Candidates for a Facelift
The best candidates for a facelift are typically people whose skin has retained some of its natural suppleness. Suppleness is important, as it affects the skin’s capacity to adjust to its new contours once it has been tightened and the wrinkles have been smoothed. Generally, a patient’s genetic background, diet, degree of acne scarring, and exposure to the sun will influence their skin elasticity.
Strong facial bone structure can make all the difference when it comes to the results of a facelift. Well-defined facial bone structure can enhance results and ensure that they last longer. That being said, patients lacking strong bone structure can have great results too. In some cases, those patients also opt for facial implants to support the surgery.
Since a facelift is a significant surgery, being in overall good health prior to the procedure is paramount when it comes to achieving the best surgical outcome possible. Aside from general physical health, giving up unhealthy habits such as drinking alcohol and smoking a few weeks prior to the procedure can positively influence both the results and the recovery process.
If you’re considering facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto, we welcome you to contact Dr. Torgerson. He is a well-known Toronto facial cosmetic surgeon practicing from his state-of-the-art clinic conveniently located in Yorkville, downtown Toronto.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.