5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
If you have made the exciting decision to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure, the next important step is taking your time to select the right Toronto cosmetic surgeon for you.
Whether you are interested in rhinoplasty, brow lift, or breast augmentation, it is imperative that you consider the following criteria to ensure that you are confident in your plastic surgeon’s ability to deliver the results you are looking for.
Is Your Surgeon Royal College-Certified?
1. Verify the Cosmetic Surgeon’s Credentials
When selecting your Toronto cosmetic surgeon, the first step is verifying his or her credentials. Although there are a number of qualified and skilled plastic surgeons to chose from, unfortunately, many practitioners market themselves as “cosmetic surgeons,” but do not hold the necessary qualifications to safely and effectively perform plastic surgery procedures. Thus, it is crucial to be sure that your prospective surgeon is accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This indicates that they have undergone a minimum of 5 years of rigorous surgical training and have passed an exhaustive examination in addition to completing their medical degree. Other accreditations to look for include:
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadian Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
2. Check the Cosmetic Surgeon’s Area of Specialization
After confirming that your prospective surgeon is certified, it is advisable to consider their area(s) of specialty. Some Toronto cosmetic surgeons perform a wide array of facial and body procedures, including face lifts, liposuction, and abdominoplasty. However, to ensure that your surgeon has extensive experience performing the procedure you are interested in, it is best to select a surgeon who specializes in that area. For example, if you are interested in a procedure such as rhinoplasty or blepharoplasty, it is best to select a surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery, as this ensures that they spend more time practicing these procedures. Pinpointing which surgeons in your area specialize in body or facial procedures will help you narrow down your list of potential candidates.
In-Depth Discussion With Your Surgeon
3. Ensure the Procedure Will Be Performed in a OHPIP-Certified Facility
Next, it is necessary to inquire where your procedure will take place. If your Toronto cosmetic surgeon does not use a hospital facility, make certain that the clinic or facility where your surgery will be performed is certified by the Out-of-Hospital-Premises Inspection Program (OHPIP). That designation is administered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. The certification indicates that the clinic adheres to the same strict safety and medical standards as a hospital.
4. Schedule a Consultation with Your Prospective Toronto Plastic Surgeon
Although online research can help you narrow down your list of prospective plastic surgeons, the best way to determine which surgeon is right for you is to schedule a consultation. This private meeting is an excellent way of making an informed decision, as it enables you to have an in-depth discussion with your prospective surgeon. As you discuss your goals for the procedure, be sure to pay attention to the surgeon’s responses. Your surgeon should demonstrate empathy and take time to thoroughly address all of your questions and concerns.
5. Examine Before and After Photos
Lastly, to be sure that you will be satisfied with the results of your procedure, it is crucial to examine the before and after gallery of the cosmetic surgeon whom you are considering. Pay particular attention to patients whose “before” characteristics closely resemble your own, as this will give you a clear picture of what can realistically be achieved with the procedure.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.