Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
Your appearance is one of many factors that are linked to your self-esteem
Although in many instances, physical alterations made during plastic surgery can be life-changing and can help us feel great about how we look, it is important to be aware that plastic surgery alone cannot be expected to make a person happy.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
Plastic Surgery Cannot Solve Underlying Problems
While the transformations made with plastic surgery can greatly improve an individual’s body image and self-confidence, surgery alone cannot resolve underlying problems. Much of how we feel about our appearance is related to thoughts, feelings, and the influences in our lives. Therefore, plastic surgery cannot not reduce symptoms of depression or cure deep-seated negative feelings about ourselves. In addition, people who undergo surgery to please others rather than themselves will not be satisfied with the results. Unfortunately, when someone is driven to make a change by their partner, they may hope that the surgery will resolve issues in the relationship. Likewise, some individuals seek surgery during times of crisis, such as after the dissolution of a marriage. Any surgery and careful recovery period can be a stressful experience. The timing will not be good if you are already dealing with a lot of stress. Plastic surgery is an excellent and appropriate option for many people, but it is a very personal and individual decision that should be made when you are in the right state of mind. Plastic surgery should not replace necessary therapy or lifestyle changes.
Plastic surgery is an excellent and appropriate option
If there is something about your appearance that bothers that you, you may choose to undergo plastic surgery to minimize or alter that perceived imperfection. In addition, cosmetic surgery can help restore a more youthful appearance by smoothing skin and reducing the signs of aging. With so many of us concerned about the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin, it is no wonder that in many instances, surgery has a significant effect on self-perception and confidence. In fact, a recent study revealed that 2 years after their procedure, 93% of the study’s participants reported that they were happier with their appearance and would have the surgery again. If you are considering a cosmetic procedure, Toronto plastic surgeon, Dr. Cory Torgerson, will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan to help boost your confidence and improve appearance.
While the majority of patients report being happy with the results of their surgery, a small percentage are never fully satisfied, as they immediately shift their critical eye to another part of their body. Unfortunately, individuals with body dysmorphic disorder have a distorted perception of their own appearance and constantly focus on what they perceive to be flaws. Plastic surgery cannot resolve this condition, because once surgery is complete, patients will begin to think about the next procedure and will therefore never be satisfied with the results. While many dramatic improvements are possible, perfection is not a realistic goal to begin with.
During your thorough, one-on-one consultation with Toronto plastic surgeon Dr. Torgerson, he will listen to your concerns and reasons for considering the surgical procedure to ensure that you get the most from the experience. He cares that his patients are happy with their results, and he always has their best interests at heart.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.