Neck Lift – Additional Information
The effects of aging are often seen not only in the face, but in the neck as well.
The formation of a “double chin” or fat accumulating under the neck along with areas of sagging skin can make a person look – and feel – older than they would like.
Excess fat around the neck may be because of aging or it may also be a result of heredity. Either way, the solution to this problem is often a procedure called neck liposuction. This simple surgical procedure can give the patient a more youthful, healthier appearance. Neck Liposuction can be performed alone; however, many patients also opt to include it with a chin implant to give better framing and structure to the jawline or a neck lift to correct further sagging and wrinkles that appear below the jaw
There Are Various Methods Of Performing Neck Liposuction
How is liposuction performed?
- Dry Liposuction: The procedure starts with the surgeon making a very small incision in the crease that is under your chin. The surgeon then inserts a small tube called a cannula and gently moves it through the tissue under your skin, where it breaks up and removes fat deposits.
- Super Wet Liposuction: With this technique, the area to be treated is first injected with a saline solution that contains a local anaesthetic and adrenaline. The amount that is inserted is in proportion to the fat that is to be removed. This procedure is comparatively easier, as the fat deposits are broken down more easily, leaving minimal trauma for the patients.
- Tumescent Liposuction: This procedure is performed in a similar manner to the super-wet liposuction method, except that the amount of fluid in this procedure is comparatively more, which helps to remove the fat easily. It generally takes more time in comparison to other procedures.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL): With this procedure, the fat is liquified with the help of ultrasonic vibrations. It can be done in two ways, external and internal. The external technique is done with an emitter used on the surface of the skin, while with the internal technique, a heated cannula is used to clear fat below the skin surface. This technique also helps to reduce trauma and post-op pain.
- Laser-assisted liposuction (LAL): This procedure is preferred for confined areas like the chin and face. The procedure is done with the help of a laser that helps to liquify and down break fat cells.
The technique chosen will be based on a few considerations regarding the body type and the amount of fat to be extracted. Dr. Torgerson will discuss his personal technique and the liposuction method that is perfect for you prior to the operation.
After The Surgery, You May Experience Some Stiffness, Numbness, Bleeding, And Swelling Around Your Neck
What can I expect following the procedure?
Swelling and pain will vary somewhat, depending on the liposuction technique that was used. The discomfort generally lasts for around a week or so, after which patients will really be able to notice the improvement in their appearance and return to their normal activities.
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.