Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
One of the most common questions we hear among patients considering facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto is, “Will there be scars?”
The reality is that there is no such thing as completely “scarless” surgery at this point. That being said, when you choose a facial surgery expert for your treatment, there are many ways to reduce the appearance of scars, making your facial “work” virtually undetectable. When it comes to facial plastic surgery, depending on the extent of work being done, there may be various, well-hidden incisions. While some procedures may require very minor, concealed incisions, others require larger ones.
Ways to Minimize the Appearance of Scars
Dr. Torgerson prides himself on using the latest, most advanced surgical techniques to provide patients with the least invasive option possible without compromising the results. Nonetheless, when incisions are made, varying degrees of scarring will likely result. Fortunately, by taking proper care during the healing process, the appearance of scars can be greatly minimized. After your surgery, you’ll be provided with an extensive set of guidelines to follow. Among patients who are careful to closely follow the aftercare instructions, scars are usually a non-issue.
One of the most effective ways to minimize the appearance of scars following a cosmetic surgery procedure is to avoid or greatly limit sun exposure. Since scar tissue has a different texture and function than the rest of our skin, it’s much more prone to darkening permanently in the sun. As the area is considerably less resistant to ultraviolet rays, it is important to avoid sun exposure so that you minimize the risk of visible, permanent scars.
If you’re considering facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto but are worried about scarring, the best way to minimize risks is by choosing a highly experienced and qualified surgeon with specific expertise in the procedure you’re interested in.
Avoid Smoking and Alcohol
The Importance of Eating a Balanced Diet
Dr. Torgerson is a Royal College-certified plastic surgeon specializing in head and neck facial surgery. As one of Canada’s most prominent and talented facial plastic surgeons, he aims to provide all his patients with the most natural-looking results possible.
Avoid smoking and alcohol leading up to and after your procedure. This is another way to minimize the appearance of post-surgical scars because healthy circulation ensures quick, efficient incision healing. Dr. Torgerson typically advises his patients opting for Toronto facial cosmetic surgery to refrain from smoking and drinking for at least 2 weeks before and after their procedure. If an incision doesn’t close quickly, the risk of infection increases, and scabbing along with scarring can eventually appear more noticeable.
Taking proper care of your surgical incisions is a key factor in determining the extent of the scarring you will experience. By carefully following cleansing instructions and avoiding any vigorous scrubbing or picking of scabs, the scars will be able to heal cleanly and quickly.
Eating a balanced diet and staying well hydrated can also work wonders when it comes to scars. By amping up your protein intake, your skin will be better able to heal, as protein makes up the building blocks of healing skin. Meat and dairy products or soy are all good sources of protein during your recovery period.
To get started, we welcome you to explore your options by contacting our clinic for a complimentary, private consultation
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.