Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Although facial plastic surgery can dramatically improve an individual’s self-esteem and image, a number of different factors will contribute to overall satisfaction with the results
The various reasons that inspire people to seek cosmetic surgery will all tend to play a part in the outcome. When researching facial cosmetic surgeons in Toronto, it is important to consider your personal motivation for seeking plastic surgery as well as your expectations. This will help ensure that the procedure is going to match your goals and not leave you frustrated. The following factors will help predict satisfaction with your facial cosmetic surgery.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
When used to restore or enhance the appearance, facial plastic surgery will often bring confidence and help a person feel years younger. If you are troubled by the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, droopy eyelids, and sagging or you believe that a facial feature such as your nose or chin causes you to feel self-conscious, plastic surgery can effectively turn back the hands of time and provide balance and harmony for facial features.
Unfortunately, when individuals who suffer from body dysmorphic disorder seek surgery to correct imagined flaws, the results will never be satisfactory due to their internal image of themselves. A famous example of this is Michael Jackson, who is presumed to have undergone numerous facial surgeries but never feel satisfied with the results. Unrealistic expectations can lead to dissatisfaction with cosmetic procedures.
Similarly, when an individual’s motivation for surgery is to please others rather than themselves, they will inevitably find that their relationship has not improved and they do not feel better about themselves after a procedure. Unfortunately, many people undergo plastic surgery to meet the expectations of a partner or to attract a partner. But if there are other reasons for relationship problems, they cannot be fixed this way.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, it is an investment worth making
Plastic surgery has become more mainstream, and many people are more open-minded and accepting of it. Nevertheless, before undergoing a cosmetic surgery procedure, it is crucial to be sure that you really believe and feel that it is the right choice for you. Patients who question their decision or feel guilty about changing their appearance in this way may feel unhappy as a result, which will negatively impact their level of satisfaction. It is also important to feel comfortable with others knowing that you have undergone the procedure, as your concern about how your transformation will be perceived by others may also affect your overall happiness following the surgery.
It may be helpful if you consider or even write down your goals for the procedure prior to committing to facial cosmetic surgery. Plastic surgery is an extremely effective method of enhancing and restoring your appearance. However, each procedure will have limitations. Sometimes it is not possible to address at one time all of the areas that you wish to change. Your existing anatomy, previous surgery or scar tissue, and the harmony of your features may mean that setting focused, specific goals rather than multiple or extreme ones will ensure that your surgeon can meet them and that you will feel happy with what you’ve achieved.
During your consultation, Dr. Torgerson, an expert Toronto facial cosmetic surgeon, will listen to your concerns and ensure that your goals for the procedure are attainable. Open physician-patient communication is one of the most important factors in achieving satisfactory results.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.