Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
There are many important factors to keep in mind when selecting your plastic surgeon
This is a big decision, and your safety and appearance should only be placed in the most qualified hands. While most people examine before and after pictures and consider the surgeon’s qualifications or area of specialization, there are several other important considerations they may not think of, such as the surgeon’s location and availability, the level of comfort they feel with the surgeon, and the aftercare that will be provided. The following criteria should be considered when choosing your plastic surgeon in Toronto.
Car accidents are a good example of a common trauma that can cause facial damage. When the head hits the dashboard or windshield, the impact can cause broken noses and jaws or other facial disfigurements. Any abrupt penetration to the face, such as a punch, a blow from a blunt object, or even a gunshot wound, can cause severe damage to facial structures as well as the skin.
All staff should be fully licensed and experienced
In addition to selecting a certified plastic surgeon whose office is located conveniently for you, it is also crucial to consider where the surgeon operates. During your initial consultation, be sure to ask about the surgical centre or hospital where the surgery will be performed and determine whether the surgeon has hospital privileges. If the surgery is not performed in a hospital, be sure that the surgical facility is fully accredited and certified by the Out-of-Hospital Premises Inspection Program (OHPIP). This ensures that the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario has validated the clinic’s medical and safety standards and deemed them equivalent to a hospital. Your anesthesiologist and all staff should be fully licensed and experienced.
Another important factor to consider is your surgeon’s availability. It is crucial for your plastic surgeon to be available when you have questions or concerns before and after your surgery. Although only one consultation is necessary prior to your procedure, if you still have questions, your surgeon should be available to discuss details and ensure that you feel great about the plan. During your consultation(s), you might find it helpful to write down a list of considerations that are important to you so you don’t forget anything.
Follow-up care can be just as important as the procedure itself. In most instances, depending on your procedure, your surgeon will schedule one or more follow-up appointments to physically assess you, provide instructions, and ensure you are on track. However, in addition to your regularly scheduled post-operative appointments, your surgeon should also be available for additional aftercare appointments, if required.
One of the most significant considerations when choosing your Toronto plastic surgeon is trust
Level of Trust
During your initial consultation, it is important that you feel comfortable and confident with the person you are meeting with. While the surgeon’s qualifications, experience, and specialization are certainly crucial factors to consider, it is also imperative that you feel able to communicate openly with your surgeon. Trust is built when your surgeon listens carefully to your concerns, takes time to discuss your vision for the procedure, and works with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that suits your specific needs and goals.
Although cost is understandably a factor to be considered when selecting your plastic surgeon, it should never be the determining factor. In many instances, the results of cosmetic surgery procedures are permanent. As such, it is crucial to ensure that you choose a surgeon based on their skill, expertise, and a shared plan – not a deal or low price. If the cost is holding you back, you may wish to consider asking your surgeon about financing options.
If you are considering a cosmetic surgery procedure, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson at our convenient Yorkville location. As one of Toronto’s top plastic surgeons, Dr. Torgerson is focused on providing exceptional results in a warm, welcoming environment.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions