How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
If you have undergone a cosmetic surgery procedure, you are probably willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that the time and money you’ve invested is well spent
Taking good care of your skin following your procedure is crucial to ensuring a speedy recovery and optimal, long-term results. During your initial consultation, Dr. Torgerson, a leading cosmetic surgeon in Toronto, will provide you with detailed aftercare instructions, including tips and tricks to help your skin look its best post-operatively.
Detailed aftercare instructions, including tips and tricks to help your skin look its best
After a Cosmetic Surgery
Surgical procedures like rhinoplasty and facelifts are more invasive and thus cause more injury to the skin, while procedures such as neuromodulator injections and laser resurfacing are minimally invasive and come with faster recovery times and much less inflammation. After any skin treatment such as facials, peels, and injectables, it is recommended that you apply sunblock liberally to the treatment area, because sun exposure can increase your risk of hyperpigmentation. In addition, gentle cleansing and moisturizing are recommended for the first 48 hours. After undergoing a cosmetic surgery procedure, the following tips should be followed:
Pamper your skin
After surgery, your skin is particularly delicate, so it needs to be treated carefully. Ensure that you are using mild, hypoallergenic,and fragrance-free products that will not irritate or dry out your skin. Be gentle when cleansing and moisturizing your skin and avoid using harsh exfoliants.
Cleanse your skin thoroughly
While your skin will be more sensitive in the days following your surgery, it is possible to cleanse with mild soap and water, preventing breakouts and clogged pores. When your surgeon clears you to begin washing your face, mild astringent pads can be soothing and easy to use without applying much pressure.
Take Care of Your Skin
Hydrate your skin
During your recovery, it is important to remain hydrated by consuming at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. This will help speed up the recovery process by flushing toxins from your system, thereby revitalizing your skin.
Minimize swelling and bruising
For each person, post-operative swelling is inevitable, but it can be minimized through the use of ice or cold compresses, as advised by your surgeon, and by keeping your head elevated in the first few days following your procedure. If you develop bruising, your surgeon may recommend the use of homeopathic Arnica or Arnica ointment, which may help reduce bruising and discoloration.
Protect your skin
Protect your inflamed skin post-operatively by applying SPF 30 or 40 daily to block harmful UV rays and prevent the development of hyperpigmentation. It is also advisable to avoid exposure to direct sunlight for at least the first few days after the procedure.
To learn more about caring for your skin after your surgical procedure, contact Dr. Torgerson Facial Plastic Surgery& Laser Centre today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a Toronto cosmetic surgeon known for his caring nature, skill, and artistic approach.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.