Learn 2 Ways the Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
In the past, the term facelift alone may have conjured up images of an overly “done” and pulled back look.
However, now more than ever, with the recent advancements in medical techniques and trends, people are looking for subtle and natural results following their cosmetic procedure. Yet it is only the most skilled and experienced surgeons who are able to achieve these natural results. When it comes to preventing an “overdone” look, there are a couple of techniques that the best plastic surgeons in Toronto use.
Producing Natural-looking Results
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
One of the best ways surgeons are able to prevent the pulled-back look is to avoid stretching the skin. In the past, many surgeons would simply pull the skin taut and then trim off the excess when performing a facelift. If the skin is pulled tight without addressing the deep structures properly, the results of the procedure are typically unnatural and “overdone”-looking.
Today, the best plastic surgeons in Toronto are using incisions on the sides of the face to create flaps that then allow them to access the thin layer of muscles below the skin. In doing so, they are able to create the access they need to essentially reposition the facial features to where they used to be. Although there is still some trimming of excess skin, it is much more natural-looking when combined with this type of technique.
Another way surgeons are preventing the overdone look is by making sure that the skin is not pulled straight back. By ensuring that the elevation of the face is in an upward direction rather than pulled straight back, an obvious windswept look can be avoided.
Turning Back the Clock on Aging Skin
Surgeons who have specialized training in facial cosmetic surgery are the most skilled when it comes to determining where and how much to lift and tighten the skin to produce the most natural-looking results. To get natural results for a facelift, there is a lot of artistry involved. No two surgeons’ work and skill will be the same. However, it’s imperative to research and choose a surgeon who is not only certified, but has specific expertise in facial cosmetic surgery with the experience and education to back it up.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is one of Canada’s most recognized facial plastic surgeons with a focus on head and neck surgery. With extensive training and experience specifically in facial cosmetic surgery, he prides himself on providing his patients with the most natural-looking results possible.
Drawing on years of experience, Dr. Torgerson is able to assess each patient’s individual needs and recommend a treatment route to have them looking and feeling younger than they have in years without the dreaded “overdone” look. Using the open technique, Dr. Torgerson creates incisions in such a way that they are hidden in the natural fold of the skin, allowing patients to be as discreet about their procedure as they wish.
If you’re searching for the best plastic surgeon in Toronto to help you turn back the clock on aging skin, we would love to hear from you. Contact our clinic today and get started with a consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions