Learn 2 Ways the Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
In the past, the term facelift alone may have conjured up images of an overly “done” and pulled back look.
However, now more than ever, with the recent advancements in medical techniques and trends, people are looking for subtle and natural results following their cosmetic procedure. Yet it is only the most skilled and experienced surgeons who are able to achieve these natural results. When it comes to preventing an “overdone” look, there are a couple of techniques that the best plastic surgeons in Toronto use.
Producing Natural-looking Results
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
One of the best ways surgeons are able to prevent the pulled-back look is to avoid stretching the skin. In the past, many surgeons would simply pull the skin taut and then trim off the excess when performing a facelift. If the skin is pulled tight without addressing the deep structures properly, the results of the procedure are typically unnatural and “overdone”-looking.
Today, the best plastic surgeons in Toronto are using incisions on the sides of the face to create flaps that then allow them to access the thin layer of muscles below the skin. In doing so, they are able to create the access they need to essentially reposition the facial features to where they used to be. Although there is still some trimming of excess skin, it is much more natural-looking when combined with this type of technique.
Another way surgeons are preventing the overdone look is by making sure that the skin is not pulled straight back. By ensuring that the elevation of the face is in an upward direction rather than pulled straight back, an obvious windswept look can be avoided.
Turning Back the Clock on Aging Skin
Surgeons who have specialized training in facial cosmetic surgery are the most skilled when it comes to determining where and how much to lift and tighten the skin to produce the most natural-looking results. To get natural results for a facelift, there is a lot of artistry involved. No two surgeons’ work and skill will be the same. However, it’s imperative to research and choose a surgeon who is not only certified, but has specific expertise in facial cosmetic surgery with the experience and education to back it up.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is one of Canada’s most recognized facial plastic surgeons with a focus on head and neck surgery. With extensive training and experience specifically in facial cosmetic surgery, he prides himself on providing his patients with the most natural-looking results possible.
Drawing on years of experience, Dr. Torgerson is able to assess each patient’s individual needs and recommend a treatment route to have them looking and feeling younger than they have in years without the dreaded “overdone” look. Using the open technique, Dr. Torgerson creates incisions in such a way that they are hidden in the natural fold of the skin, allowing patients to be as discreet about their procedure as they wish.
If you’re searching for the best plastic surgeon in Toronto to help you turn back the clock on aging skin, we would love to hear from you. Contact our clinic today and get started with a consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.