Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
Once you have made the exciting decision to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure, it is imperative that you do these 3 important things.
First, take your time to select a cosmetic surgeon in Toronto who has the appropriate credentials and specializes in your area of interest. Next, you’ll want to ensure that your surgeon has the knowledge and experience necessary to deliver the results that you desire. Your consultation should be the final step in narrowing down your choice of plastic surgeon, as you will be able to see whether you and your prospective surgeon are on the same page and can communicate clearly.
Steps to Choose Your Plastic Surgeon
Step 1: Check the Credentials
The first step when compiling a list of prospective plastic surgeons is to verify that they have the appropriate credentials. While a number of physicians market themselves as “cosmetic surgeons,” this title does not guarantee that they have completed the rigorous training and testing necessary to qualify as a plastic surgeon. Instead, many of these people are general physicians who have not specialized in plastic surgery. Plastic surgeons, on the other hand, are physicians who have completed a minimum of 5 years of surgical training after graduating from medical school and have met the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada’s strict standards. The best way to be sure that your Toronto plastic surgeon is qualified to perform cosmetic surgery is to confirm that they have the following accreditations:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Canadians Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
How to Achieve Your Aesthetic Goals
Step 2: Choose a surgeon who specializes in the surgery you are interested in
An experienced and reputable plastic surgeon will also have hospital admitting privileges that enable them to use a hospital facility when necessary. In addition to verifying your prospective surgeon’s credentials, it is advisable to select a Toronto cosmetic surgeon who specializes in the procedure that you are planning to undergo. For example, if you are interested in a facial procedure such as rhinoplasty or blepharoplasty, it is best to choose a surgeon who specializes in facial plastic surgery, as this will provide you with peace of mind knowing that your surgeon has dedicated their career to this practice.
Step 3: Schedule a consultation
The best way to be sure that your prospective surgeon is right for you is to schedule a consultation. This is a crucial step in your decision-making process, as it provides you with an opportunity to speak privately with your surgeon about your goals for the procedure and address any questions that you might have. It is imperative that you listen to your gut during your consultation. If the surgeon rushes through your meeting, dismisses your questions, or makes you feel uneasy, they are not the right fit. Instead, your Toronto cosmetic surgeon should take their time to listen to your concerns, thoroughly address all of your questions, demonstrate empathy, make you feel at ease, and leave you feeling confident in their ability to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.