Talking to Your Plastic Surgeon in Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
Scheduling your procedure
Because patients typically dream of undergoing cosmetic surgery for several months or even years before scheduling their procedure, prospective patients are typically anxious to get the process started immediately once they have made the exciting decision to go forward with the procedure. However, to ensure that you are well informed and have realistic expectations for the procedure, it is important to take the time to ask your Toronto plastic surgeon the following questions before scheduling your procedure.
Selecting A Surgeon
1. Are you Royal College-certified?
The first question to ask your prospective surgeon is whether they are certified by the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Canada (RCPSC). Due to the growing number of people interested in plastic surgery, many practitioners now promote themselves as cosmetic surgeons without holding the necessary credentials. Only surgeons who are accredited by the RCPSC have the experience and skills necessary to perform a complex surgical procedure.
2. Which procedure will help me achieve my goals?
Although most patients arrive at their consultation with an idea of which procedure they are interested in, it is advisable to ask your Toronto plastic surgeon which procedure they believe will help you achieve your desired outcome. During your consultation, they will listen to your concerns and goals for the procedure and use their knowledge and expertise to make a suitable recommendation. Thus, it is important to arrive at your consultation with an open mind.
3. How often do you perform this procedure?
Once your prospective surgeon has recommended a procedure, it is a good idea to inquire how frequently they perform this operation. It is best to select a surgeon who specializes in the procedure you elect to undergo, as this ensures that they have the experience required to safely deliver optimal results.
In Procedures” cosmetic surgery, the length of time to wait depends on the procedure.
Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
4. How much will the procedure cost?
Although the cost of the procedure should never be the determining factor, it is understandably an important consideration. Thus, it is necessary to openly discuss the cost as well as any available financing options during your consultation, so you have a clear understanding of the expense you are about to undertake.
5. Where will my procedure be performed?
While a number of spas now offer cosmetic surgery procedures, plastic surgery is a complex practice that should be performed only in a hospital or accredited facility. If your surgeon does not operate out of a hospital, verify that they hold hospital privileges and that your procedure will be performed in a facility that is certified by the Out-of-Hospital-Premises Inspection Program (OHPIP), a designation administered by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
6. What does the recovery entail?
To ensure that you are well prepared and have realistic expectations, it is crucial that you have a clear understanding of what the recovery period entails. Your Toronto plastic surgeon should outline how much downtime is required, what side effects you may experience, and whether you will have any physical restrictions post-operatively.
7. How long will the results last?
Since cosmetic surgery is a large investment, most patients are eager to know how long the results of the procedure will last. Your plastic surgeon should give you a clear idea of what you can expect, including whether any follow-up procedures will be necessary to maintain the results.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When The Weather In Toronto Gets Colder
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.