The Perfect Face
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so how can someone have the perfect face?
We have long known that certain cultures prefer different facial features over others. It is also true that men and women have differing ideas about beauty. For instance, some women prefer men with strong features, a distinct jawline, and defined eyebrows. Men, on the other hand, may tend to favour women with finer eyebrows, petite noses, full lips, and strong cheekbones.
Standard And Guideline For Being Attractive
While it is true that beauty is often a person’s subjective opinion, there has to be some standard or guideline that constitutes someone being attractive. The balance, proportion, and harmonization of facial features creates what professionals call symmetry. This is the guideline that any facial cosmetic surgeon, such as Dr. Cory Torgerson follows. Before you all run to the mirror to see if your face is symmetrical, it probably is not. Most people have asymmetrical faces with very few being blessed with completely symmetrical. Beauty is also associated with the structure of the face, which is all about facial contouring with the nose, mouth, and eyes. It boils down to the shape and position of the combined features.
The golden ratio (also known as the divine proportions) is a mathematical equation that has been used for centuries by architects, artists, sculptors, and engineers. These measurements were considered nature’s design secrets and were the standard used for building or designing. The mathematical equation is also known as Phi 1.618 and produces interesting data when applied to the human face. Stephen Marquardt has compiled a specimen for facial beauty called The Beauty Mask, which demonstrates the position and shape of all facial features using the golden ratio.
So Here Are The Measurements That Mathematically Fit The Standard Of Beauty
Choose The Way You Face The World
- The distance between the pupils should measure 46% of the width of the face (from ear to ear).
- The distance between the eyes and mouth should be 36% of the depth of the face (from hairline to chin).
In addition to this mathematical equation, full lips, high cheekbones, and large eyes fit nicely with the “divine” proportions. In a case study of hundreds of women, an interesting fact was that these ratios could be altered dramatically after a change in hairstyle or a haircut. For instance, a woman could have almost perfect measurements according to the golden ratio, but the addition of bangs changed the measurements significantly. (Note taken: Beware of the hairstyle you choose!)
Dr. Cory Torgerson is a licenced otolaryngologist, head and neck surgeon, and a licenced facial plastic surgeon. He has studied the human face for over 20 years and has the medical knowledge as well as the artistic ability to understand facial contouring, proportions, and symmetry. When operating or performing any facial cosmetic procedure, Dr. Torgerson desires to produce a natural look rather than completely change your appearance. His motto is “Choose the way you face the world”.
You may not have the “perfect face”, but with Dr. Torgerson’s artistry, you will definitely look the best you possibly can.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.