Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
If you’ve made the physical, emotional, and financial commitment to undergo cosmetic surgery, you’re probably wondering how you can maximize your results for as long as possible.
Here are some insider tips to help maintain the results of your cosmetic surgery. Most Toronto cosmetic surgeons will provide their patients with a list of post-operative care instructions. It’s important to take recovery seriously and follow these instructions as closely as possible to ensure you’re getting optimal results.
The Process of Recovery
During recovery, one of the most important measures to take is keeping incisions clean and avoiding sun exposure. UV rays can impede the healing process and cause darkened scarring, so for the first few weeks it’s extremely important to avoid direct sunlight on your scars and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen when you are outdoors. Making sure you do not neglect your skin and starting up a better skin care routine will also help keep your skin in the best condition to uphold your cosmetic surgery results. Medical-grade skincare products can be a great addition to your skincare regimen to enhance and maintain the results of your procedure.
Another important piece of advice is to avoid smoking and alcohol consumption for not only the weeks leading up to your surgery, but also following the surgery. The chemicals in cigarettes or nicotine products interfere with the body’s natural healing process, so they will not only accelerate the appearance of aging but may also impair your ability to heal. Most cosmetic surgeons in Toronto recommend that patients avoid smoking for the first 2 to 4 weeks following their procedure until the majority of the healing is complete. Maintaining a healthy post-surgery weight is also key to maintaining good results. If you gain or lose a significant amount of weight following your procedure, the skin will likely stretch, rendering the contours created by your surgery less visible.
Maintaining the Results
Healthy Changes in Your Diet
Sticking to a regular exercise regimen that targets the whole body is the best way to maintain a healthy weight. Incorporating healthy changes into your diet will also help with weight management. Focusing on a balanced diet with a generous percentage of lean protein, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will help maintain the results of your surgery by keeping you in good overall health.
Although there are many measures that you can take to help maintain your results, the truth is that down the line many people feel they need a little outside help. Maintenance procedures such as laser skin treatments or non-surgical facelifts are all low-risk, simple ways to give your results a boost. A non-surgical facelift is one of the most popular ways to bring back youthful and rejuvenated skin by subtly adding volume and smoothing lines and wrinkles.
At Dr. Cory Torgerson’s Facial Plastic Surgery & Laser Centre, a variety of both surgical and non-surgical procedures are offered. Certified by the Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians of Canada with specific expertise in head and neck facial surgery, Dr. Torgerson is one of Canada’s most popular facial plastic surgeons. His keen aesthetic eye coupled with an extensive background as a Toronto cosmetic surgeon has provided countless patients with youthful and natural-looking results.
To find out more, we welcome you to visit our clinic, conveniently located in Yorkville, Toronto, or contact us today to schedule a consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.