What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
Facial plastic surgery usually makes us think of nose jobs or a facelift.
If you have decided to undergo a cosmetic surgery procedure, after researching to select the best cosmetic surgeon in Toronto, you may be wondering what the shelf life of your surgical procedure will be and whether you will need to undergo a second surgery in the future to maintain your result. The answer to these questions depends on the surgical procedure and somewhat on the individual. However, in most cases, it is realistic to expect some future surgical adjustments.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, but it is an investment worth making
Although the long-lasting result of a well-done facelift can last for many years and make patients appear 10 to 12 years younger, the results are not permanent because the surgery cannot stop the natural aging process. You can, however, expect to appear years younger than your actual age for many years even as you continue to age because your surgeon has essentially set the clock back. In most instances, the results of a facelift last approximately a decade, at which time you may wish to undergo a second procedure to maintain the results. In addition, avoiding smoking, practicing a healthy lifestyle, and taking great care of your skin can help extend the longevity of your result.
Although a breast augmentation can dramatically enhance a woman’s figure and today’s breast implants are extremely safe, no implanted medical device can be guaranteed to last forever. Women will sometimes choose after 10 to 15 years to have a second surgery. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, approximately 20% to 40% of women with breast implants undergo a second surgery to change the implant size, undergo a breastlift, or remove damaged implants. This is because breast implants are not designed to last a lifetime, and breast tissue will continue to change over time. It is recommended that women have regular breast exams and see their surgeon for long-term checkups if they wish to discuss any changes.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
Blepharoplasty (otherwise known as an eyelid lift) has an estimated shelf life of 10 to 15 years. But in many cases the results last much longer because the fat that is removed from the eyelids will not grow back and bags under the eyes typically do not reappear. While eyelift surgery can turn back the hands of time, reducing wrinkles and puffiness under the eye, it cannot prevent future signs of aging or skin damage. Treatments such as neurotoxin injection in the crow’s-feet area will help keep the delicate skin around the eyes smooth and crinkle-free.
A brow lift, or forehead lift, can transform your appearance by elevating lowered brows and rejuvenating forehead skin, creating a more youthful appearance. Although the technique used and the effect achieved will vary between patients, the smooth, lifted look can last as long as 10 years. Like other facial procedures, a browlift does not stop the natural aging process. The results will depend on the type of lift performed and the steps taken to prolong the results.
Unlike most other facial plastic surgery procedures, rhinoplasty often has permanent results and rarely requires a second touch-up surgery unless the patient is unhappy with their primary procedure.
Regardless of which procedure you chose, the natural aging process is unavoidable. But there are many actions you can take to ensure beautiful skin and long-lasting results. Selecting a highly qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeon in Toronto and taking great care to stay healthy can help prolong the shelf life of your procedure. Trust the experts at Dr. Torgerson Facial Plastic Surgery & Laser Centre.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.