Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
The first step toward ensuring optimal, natural results from your plastic surgery procedure is selecting a highly qualified Toronto facial cosmetic surgeon
While most patients recognize that a surgeon’s skill and expertise are vital to achieve the results they desire, they may not consider their own important role in ensuring the best possible outcome. The way that you prepare for surgery and follow recovery instructions closely is essential because once you go home, your surgeon is counting on you to continue their plan. As such, it is important to listen attentively to your surgeon’s advice and follow all pre- and post-operative instructions carefully.
Plastic surgery can be expensive, but it is an investment worth making
Protect Your Skin
To prolong the results of your procedure and ensure that your scars heal well, it is important to take care good care of your skin. To allow your wounds time to heal, avoid wearing makeup for the first few days after your facial plastic surgery procedure. Once makeup is reintroduced, take great care to ensure that it is thoroughly removed each night. Carefully select high-quality skincare products, paying close attention to their list of ingredients, to ensure that you maintain a youthful complexion to complement your look. Sunscreen should be applied liberally each day. Although this is particularly important during the first year of scar maturation following your procedure, it is advisable to continue wearing sunscreen regularly and avoiding prolonged sun exposure to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging.
To learn more about what you can do to maintain optimal results after your plastic surgery procedure, we invite you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, a top facial cosmetic surgeon in Toronto.
Boost your confidence and improve appearance
Live a Healthy Lifestyle
Both before and after your procedure, it is imperative that you maintain a healthy lifestyle. Patients who are in good physical health are more likely to experience a speedy recovery. A diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables will help you look and feel your best. Likewise, drinking plenty of water will ensure that you stay hydrated, improving your skin’s elasticity and encouraging a youthful glow. Conversely, alcohol and cigarettes should be avoided both before and after your surgery. Alcohol can be dehydrating, which may accelerate the aging process. In large quantities, alcohol can also affect bleeding, which is not desirable before surgery. Nicotine is known to impair circulation and starve the surgical site of much-needed oxygen. Delays in healing not only increase the risk of infection, but may lead to pronounced scarring. Thus, it is necessary to quit smoking prior to your procedure, and it is important to avoid it throughout the healing process. Your beautiful face will be well worth it!
Attend all post-operative appointments
Following your procedure, your surgeon will schedule one or more post-operative appointments to monitor your recovery and ensure that you are healing well. It is imperative that you attend all post-surgical appointments to have surgical dressings replaced, discuss any further instructions, and ensure that you are on track. These appointments will also provide you with the opportunity to ask questions and will give you peace of mind throughout your healing process.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.