Toronto Dermal Filler Treatment
What is Injectable Dermal Filler?
As we age, our skin loses its volume, hydration, and elasticity, all of which we need in order to promote a youthful, healthy-looking appearance.
In our practice, our doctors see a high percentage of men who are using non-surgical (lasers, injectable filler, etc.) and surgical (facelift, eye, chin and nose surgery, etc.) measures to maintain their appearance. The American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery statistics show that the number of men actively seeking out non-surgical and surgical procedures is significantly rising year after year.
Experienced And Qualified Injector
Our Doctors As Expert Injectors
Equally as important as choosing the right dermal filler is choosing an experienced and qualified injector who is current with the latest techniques. An injector without the proper skills and training can lead to a mediocre result at best. The biggest complication that could arise from using dermal filler has nothing to do with an approved, quality product, but in fact could be caused by an inexperienced injector. To achieve the desired visual impact, patients need to choose an expert injector with a keen aesthetic eye for beauty. Our doctors perform all of the dermal filler treatments at our clinic and does not assign the treatments to a nurse. Our doctors passionate about the art of dermal filler techniques and takes great care in the craftsmanship of the results. Our clinic’s goal with dermal filler such as Juvederm is to utilize a global approach so that the face is enhanced in the most natural and attractive way. Due to our doctors’ expertise, artistic skill, and excellent safety record, our clinic is in high demand by patients and health professionals alike. Working extensively with the leading injectable dermal filler companies, one of our doctors, Dr. Torgerson, provides training sessions in which he teaches other surgeons, family physicians, and nurses about proper and cutting-edge injectable filler techniques. Injectable filler treatments can be provided at the same time as the initial free consult, should you choose to proceed.
easily done within 15 minutes to 1 hour
What is a Dermal Filler treatment like?
Most injectable dermal filler treatments, including hyaluronic acid facial fillers, can be quickly and easily done within 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on clients’ needs. Before your treatment, our doctors recommend avoiding anti-inflammatory drugs (Motrin, Advil, Ibuprofen, etc.), Aspirin, vitamin E, ginseng, and gingko biloba for 1 week to help prevent possible bruising. The dermal filler treatments at our clinic will involve topical freezing to make the procedure comfortable and simple. Most injectable filler products on the market today also contain lidocaine, which is a freezing agent that adds additional comfort during the procedure. With this dual approach, our patients can enjoy a comfortable experience. The results with dermal fillers are visible immediately, which is wonderful for the patient’s instant gratification. Dermal fillers can involve minor swelling and sometimes minimal bruising. The swelling usually peaks within the first 24 hours. Some patients don’t mind the swelling and continue on with their day as per normal. Some patients will experience mild swelling for up to 7 to 10 days. Both of these effects are considered absolutely normal and will subside and resolve shortly. If you tend to bruise, our doctors recommend taking a homeopathic remedy such as Arnica, which is available at most drug stores. It is available in oral form prior to your appointment and can also be applied topically after. Patients can resume normal activity, including regular exercising, after treatments. However, it is best to wait 2 weeks before or after a non-surgical laser treatment before receiving an injectable filler treatment.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Where can Dermal Filler be used?
Our experienced doctors use injectable filler to create a unified, seamless appearance on the face. Through their skilled injector techniques, our doctors use dermal filler in all of the following areas:
- Lip Augmentation (as known as Lip Plumping)
- Non-Surgical Nose job (Nose Filler) to create a beautiful profile or a bridge without Rhinoplasty surgery
- Cheeks to create the illusion of contoured cheekbones and to restore volume where it has been lost
- To treat fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth (marionette lines, smoker’s lines)
- Nasolabial folds (the larger lines extending down from the sides of the mouth and cheeks)
- Temples, where hollowing has occurred
- Chin area to create volume and definition in structure where the chin might be lacking
- Jaw line
- Under the eyes, where hollowing may also be creating a tired, aged look
How Long Does Dermal Filler Last?
*Facial Injectable fillers typically last anywhere from 6 months to 18 months, depending on where the vials are injected.* Lip Augmentation or Lip plumping typically lasts only 6 months since we are eating and talking and constantly moving our mouths; therefore, the hyaluronic acid is metabolized at a much faster rate. Dermal filler will last longer in other areas of the face that do not move so often.* Voluma, Volift, and Volbella are clinically proven to be the longest-lasting dermal fillers on the market today at approximately 18 months.* Teosyal products such as Teosyal Global, Teosyal Kiss and Teosyal Ultimate are known to last 12 to 18 months before the hyaluronic acid is metabolized. Products such as Juvederm, Perlane, and Restylane will last anywhere from 6 to 9 months, depending on the facial area they are injected into. Another wonderful feature of hyaluronic dermal filler is that it is reversible and biodegradable. If any patient is unsatisfied with their final results, a product called hyaluronidaise can be used to quickly melt the injectable filler, and the patient will return to their pre-injection appearance within an hour. The use of this is very rare and usually stems from a patient needing to correct what an inexperienced injector has done.
Dermal Filler Cost
Dermal Filler Cost is always a consideration. In Toronto, dermal filler brands give people a lot of flexibility in filler prices as there is a wide range of facial fillers available. Dermal Filler Price can be dependant upon the longevity of the product. Some fillers, such as the popular Juvederm or Restylane brand, last only 5 to 6 months. Others such as Volumalift or Volbella have been shown to last as long as 18 months. The longer lasting the filler is, the higher the filler cost. Another factor that can influence the dermal filler cost is the experience of the injector. Dermal filler deals and deep discounts on filler prices may be a reflection of an inexperienced injector trying to build a client base and gain more practice. When it comes to your face, we firmly believe that only the best will do. That’s why at our Toronto clinic, we have only doctors injecting facial filler for our clients and not nurses. As of 2015, it may mean our injectable filler price is between $700 and $850 per syringe (price subject to change), but it also means you can trust that great results will be achieved and you will not have major complications often associated to Toronto injectors who are less qualified.
Factors Affecting Dermal Filler Cost
Also influencing dermal filler cost is the specialization of the product used. In today’s growing cosmetic industry, dermal fillers are becoming more custom and tailored for specific areas of the face. The popular European injectable filler brand, Teosyal has several such award-winning dermal fillers: Redensity II is targeted for the undereye area to combat dark circles. Teosyal Kiss is a lip filler that is a great balance between softness and structure to give a kissable lip enhancement. Teosyal Ultimate is a dermal filler that carries a lot of structure to help correct deep lines and wrinkles. Depending on the type of augmentation you are looking for, a specific injectable filler could be used. Some of these dermal fillers cost more than others depending on the filler brand you choose and the facial area of concern. If you are focused on the eyes, lips, or nose, the dermal fillers price is going to run between $700 and $850, as these types of filler injections are more complex. If you are looking for cheek volume to add contouring angles, you would be looking at a dermal filler cost running from $600 to $700, as there are many options for this more simple type of filler injection. Please note, these dermal filler prices are general guidelines as of 2015 and are subject to change over time.
With an incredible range of dermal fillers available to choose from, our doctors can quickly and easily redefine facial contours, replace lost volume, and restore a more youthful look – naturally and non-surgically. The best dermal fillers on the market today are created with a hyaluronic acid (HA) base: a safe, naturally-occurring sugar already created by our bodies. Hyaluronic acid is found throughout our body in our connective and neural tissues in places such as our joints and eyes. This mean that hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are considered extremely low-risk with minimal complications. Injectable fillers with hyaluronic acid are naturally metabolized over time and disappear from our bodies in a safe way. Dermal filler is also safe to use with all skin types and is popular among men and women alike.
Dermal Filler Deals
Some of the more standard original filler brands, such as Juvederm and Restylane will also be priced lower if you are looking for a dermal filler deal. This is because they do not last as long as the more advanced filler products that have come onto the Canadian market in more recent years. That being said, Health Canada has a stringent protocol for dermal filler approval, so as long as the dermal filler you choose is Health Canada approved, you know it is a safe and quality tested product. If you have any other questions regarding dermal filler cost and dermal filler brands, we would love to hear from you! Please contact our Toronto clinic over the phone or through email and we would be happy to discuss filler prices and the types of filler for the face with you personally.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Pen
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal RHA
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.