Can Injectable Filler Mistakes Be Corrected?
With any facial plastic surgery or procedure, whether it is invasive or non-invasive, there are risks to be aware of
Although the science behind facial cosmetic procedures is continually improving, thereby minimizing repercussions, it is wise to educate yourself prior to any treatment. There is a wealth of information available in books, magazines, and on the Internet regarding any plastic surgery topic. We all like to read success stories about how the aging process can be reversed and the “miracles” that people have experienced, but there is very little written about the mistakes that can occur. In this article, we will deal with dermal fillers and their potential problems.
Some clients complain that there is not much difference after being injected
It Is Better to Under-Fill Rather then Over-Fill
Often doctors prefer to under-fill if it is the client’s first treatment to ensure that there is no adverse reaction to the new product as the person adjusts to the new results. It is much better to make a return visit a week or two later to top up the amount of filler, rather than have the problem of over-filling and being surprised by the result you receive.
Initially, there may be a tendency to think that too much filler was injected. Swelling is a normal occurrence after the procedure, and it will take 1 to 2 weeks for this to settle down. Bruising under the injection site causes this puffiness. If you still feel that your face was over-filled, an enzyme called hyaluronidase can be injected to speed up the breakdown of the hyaluronic acid.
Red dots or bruising where the needle penetrated the skin is often a concern, but should be expected. Just think back to the sore shoulder you experienced after receiving your shots when you were a child! The bruising can be covered easily with makeup and should dissipate within a week. Bruising can be significantly diminished by choosing an experienced injector as well.
Hundreds of men and women are enjoying the benefits of Botox and fillers, finding them a simple, but effective solution to rejuvenate their appearances
Beauty is all About Symmetry
Occasionally, the client will feel a small bump under the injection site. This lump is actually slowly dissolving, and the only thing you can do is wait! If the bump doesn’t go away after 2 weeks and you are concerned, the best thing to do is to pay your doctor another visit. Some people heal at a slower rate than others, and after examination, the professional may advise you that everything is fine or use hyaluronidase to dissolve the filler. If the bruise turns to a dark purple colour, it could be a blocked blood vessel, and the doctor should be called right away. Reputable filler companies advise that this problem occurs in only one of every 10,000 cases.
Beauty is all about symmetry, and very few people have symmetrical faces. Most of us have one side of the face that is larger than the other side. This is called asymmetry. A proficient injector who has an eye for artistry is able to balance or correct smaller features so that every part of the face is brought into harmony. An inexperienced injector can make mistakes with the result being uneven or crooked features. It is extremely important to choose a professional who is not only certified, but who also has before and after photos of previous injectable filler clients that you can review.
By booking a consultation with Dr. Cory Torgerson, you will be able to see pictures of his expertise and feel confident that your next injectable filler appointment is in the hands of an expert.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 10 Things You Are Going To Wish You Knew Before Getting Lip Fillers In Toronto
- 4 Of The Most Common Myths About Dermal Fillers In Toronto
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Dermal Filler for Contouring the Face
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- How Can Dermal Filler in Toronto Make You Look Youthful and Vibrant?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Lip Filler/Augmentation Techniques
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Maintaining Your Facial Expressiveness Using the New Teosyal RHA Filler
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Potential Side Effects of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- PRP Treatments Toronto
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Rich Face
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Seven Myths about Lip Filler in Toronto
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Teosyal – What Is It and How Does It Work?
- Teosyal Pen
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Teosyal RHA
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- The Best Dermal Filler in Toronto : What’s Right For You?
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- The Most Common & Uncommon Uses of Dermal Fillers in Toronto
- Things to Know If You’re Considering Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- Toronto Dermal Filler: How Is It Different from Botox?
- Toronto Lip Filler: A Definitive Guide
- Toronto Lip Filler: Why the Look Went from Puffy to Perfect
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- What are Perfect Lips?
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- What Is the Best Injectable Filler for Under Eye Hollows?
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Wrinkle Treatment
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.