3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
Once fully recovered from facial surgery, patients are usually looking and feeling their best as they return to their regular routine.
However, to maintain the results of a cosmetic procedure, it’s important to continue taking of your skin long after incisions have healed. Here are 3 must-have tips for patients looking to maintain the results following their facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto.
Ways to Minimize the Risk of Visible Scarring
One of the best ways to minimize the risk of visible scarring is to avoid or greatly limit sun exposure, especially in the first few months after your procedure. Fresh scars are highly sensitive to the sun’s ultraviolet rays and can easily darken, creating permanent pigment. The inflammation in the tissue as the scars heal combined with sun exposure can cause hyperpigmentation, which makes the scars and surrounding skin darken unpredictably. This discoloration can last for months or even become permanent if proper care is not taken. So, needless to say, sun protection is key to maintain your surgery results.
Drawing on years of training and experience as one of Canada’s most prominent facial plastic surgeons, Dr. Torgerson advises all of his patients undergoing facial cosmetic surgery in Toronto to refrain from smoking in the weeks leading up to and following their procedure. Smoking is directly linked to skin healing complications. Since smoking impairs the oxygenation of tissue, it affects the skin’s ability to heal. This in turn heightens the risk of infection. In cases where infection occurs in post-surgical wounds, scars usually worsen and may detract from your beautiful results.
Dr. Cory Torgerson is well known as an expert in Toronto facial cosmetic surgery. Operating from his state-of-the-art clinic conveniently located in Yorkville, he prides himself on offering discerning clients the most natural-looking results possible.
How to Best Maintain the Results
Diet and Weight Management
Diet and nutrition also play a key role in maintaining the results of a surgical procedure. While some foods have the ability to improve wound healing and strengthen tissue, others can actually prolong the recovery period by negatively impacting the skin’s repair process. To aid the healing process, it is important to increase your protein intake. Protein is a vital contributor to wound repair. By eating protein-rich foods, the skin is better able to heal and repair itself effectively. Avoiding foods with high levels of sugar and nitrates is important, as they can hinder the skin’s healing process. Staying away from alcohol and caffeine is also advised in the week following surgery, as they can affect blood flow and may prolong the healing time.
To best maintain the results of your cosmetic surgery, we recommend that clients aim to maintain a healthy weight. Excessive weight loss or weight gain can make scars appear more prominent as well as compromise the overall results. If a person has undergone surgical fat removal, weight gain can make results unpredictable. Following a healthy diet and maintaining an active lifestyle are the best ways to ensure that weight is stable and under control to prolong the longevity of your results. When it comes to facial cosmetic surgery, the more satisfied you are with your results, the more likely you are to work hard at maintaining them. The best way to ensure that you are pleased with your surgical outcome is to choose an experienced and qualified surgeon with specific expertise in the procedure that you are considering.
To find out if you are a suitable candidate for facial cosmetic surgery, we welcome you to contact our clinic to schedule a private consultation with Dr. Torgerson.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions