Revenge Plastic Surgery
One of the top romantic songs of all time was written by Dolly Parton and made famous by Whitney Houston: “I Will Always Love You”.
For years it was sung at weddings as a sign of the husband and wife’s undying love for each other. And they did love each other . . . for a time. Unfortunately, life happens, circumstances change, and people change. Divorce rates indicate that half of marriages end with couples going their separate ways.
Despite the break-up, couples often end up seeing each other anyway when visiting children, at family weddings, or in court. This may be the reason why a new wave of visits to plastic surgery centres has taken place. The phenomenon has been tagged “revenge plastic surgery”. Most of the clients whose divorce has been the catalyst for seeking an appointment with the surgeon are women.
“Are You Sure You Made The Right Choice? Look What You’re Missing !”
Making Ex Jealous
There are several theories behind this phenomenon. The first and most obvious reason is because they want to make their ex jealous. These are usually women whose men have run off with someone else. It is their way of saying, “Are you sure you made the right choice? Look what you’re missing!”
Other ladies have been so demoralized by the termination of their relationship that trying to look their best is their way of coping when they’re forced to see their ex again and again. Plastic surgery helps them feel confident enough to continually face their ex-partner.
After years of being married, some women are very nervous about entering the singles dating scene. They want to look younger and have the best look possible to attract another mate.
Other women try to be as positive as possible. They acknowledge the loss, but embrace the new chapter that is about to begin in their lives. Instead of wallowing in self-pity or depression, they suddenly feel inspired to make changes in every area of their lives to better themselves. This includes healthier diets, regular trips to the gym, and visits to the plastic surgeon to make changes to their physical appearance.
Heals People Emotionally And Help Getting Out Of A Slump
Revenge Plastic Surgeries List
Psychologists agree that a divorce or break-up is a traumatic event and the person experiences grief similar to that of a death. Facial cosmetic surgery as well as plastic surgery on their bodies heals people emotionally and often attributes to helping them get out of a slump. Some of the facial procedures that top the list of “revenge plastic surgery” are facelifts, rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, and neck lifts. Non-surgical options such as laser treatments, Botox, and injectable fillers are also popular to make women look as youthful and attractive as possible. The top procedures for the body are tummy tucks, liposuction, and breast implants.
Plastic surgery is a big step, and before making the decision to “go for it”, anyone should step back, take a deep breath, and assess their motives. Are you doing this for yourself or just to get back at your ex? At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with wanting to boost your self-confidence and look as vibrant and youthful as possible, but doing the right thing at the right time and for the right reason will always be the best guideline for knowing when it is the best time to move forward.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Male Plastic Surgery Toronto
- Why You Should See Your Plastic Surgeon When the Weather in Toronto Gets Colder
- What Is The Shelf Life Of Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Top Five Reasons for Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- How Can You Properly Take Care of Your Skin After Your Cosmetic Surgery Procedure?
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto : Four Myths
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Can Have Barely Any Scars
- Strategies to Avoid Regret and Choose the Best Plastic Surgeon in Toronto for You
- How Can You Tell if Your Facial Surgeon is Qualified?
- Your Role in Maintaining Facial Cosmetic Surgery Results
- What Are Some of the Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures by Age?
- Top 3 Reasons To Get Plastic Surgery During The Holidays
- Tips to Know Before Recovering from Your Facial Plastic Surgery
- Things to Consider Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- The 5-Part Process Everybody Ought to Know When Working With a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Men and Plastic Surgery
- How Does a Facial Plastic Surgeon Avoid Leaving Scars?
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery is More Popular Than Ever!
- Does Your Cosmetic Surgery Call for A Do-Over?
- Too old for Plastic Surgery?
- Popular Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Factors You Haven’t Considered Before Choosing Your Plastic Surgeon
- Don’t Get Scammed – What to Look for When Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon
- Talking To Your Plastic Surgeon In Toronto: 7 Most Important Questions
- 5 Helpful Ways to Know If You’re a Great Candidate for Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery – How Can Surgeons Make You Look Younger?
- Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon Will Ask You These 5 Questions
- When Is The Best Time For Men To See A Plastic Surgeon In Toronto?
- What Season is the Best for Facial Surgery
- What Should Happen at a Consultation with a Plastic Surgeon?
- What To Expect After Plastic Surgery
- What Is Gore-Tex?
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery for Men Is More Common Than You Think
- Toronto Plastic Surgeons Use These Two Techniques to Wake Up Tired Eyes
- Toronto Cosmetic Surgeons Reveal Insider Advice You Need
- These Are the Top Consultation Questions to Ask Your Toronto Plastic Surgeon
- The Perfect Face
- The Top 5 Reasons For Cosmetic Plastic Surgery
- The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Know These Industry Beauty Secrets to Transform You
- The History of Modern Plastic Surgery
- Selecting a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto Starts with These 3 Important Things
- Revenge Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery Tourism
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Preparing for Plastic Surgery: General Guidelines
- Plastic Surgeon vs. Cosmetic Surgeon | What’s the Difference?
- Mommy Makeover Craze
- Most Popular Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Learn 2 Ways The Best Plastic Surgeons in Toronto Prevent an “Overdone” Look
- How Will You Know You’re Ready to Meet With a Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto?
- Find a Plastic Surgeon in Toronto- Here’s What to Look For
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery in Toronto Has Advanced in Surprising Ways
- Factors Predicting Satisfaction Among Patients Seeking Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Facial Contouring Surgery – Find Out How Small Adjustments Can Transform Your Life
- Do Your Homework When Considering A Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- Do Plastic Surgeons Turn Down Patients with Unrealistic Expectations?
- Choosing the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
- Can You Wear Makeup After Cosmetic Surgery?
- Advice From a Toronto Plastic Surgeon | Will Plastic Surgery Make You Happier?
- Afraid of Plastic Surgery?
- Are Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery the Same?
- A Look Into Popular Cosmetic Procedures In Asia
- 5 Things To Consider When Choosing a Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 5 Essential Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Surgeon In Toronto
- 3 Must-Have Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Maintenance Tips
- 5 of The Most Popular Reasons To See A Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.